JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 2020 65" Frame - eARC does not work with Sonos Arc

(Topic created: 06-11-2020 08:34 AM)
BayshoreDrive
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just purchased the new Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Has anyone else encountered this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user7qaAbGs18C
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issues as above.  I have to unplug power from my Sonos arc and plug back in each time I turn on my 65 inch frame tv.  Something has to be fixed here.

0 Likes
userJbYJLE5FRY
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

same.... audio skips everytime i turn my tv on and watch something. have to unplug and replug my sonos arc

0 Likes
userBTtUUq1rMR
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same here - Samsung The Frame 2020 75'' and Firmware 1460.9. Sound Problems remains. After turning TV on the sound stutters. I have to unplug and replug the Sonos Arc.

0 Likes
user834P9sTX6l
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Experiencing the same issue-- audio cutting in and out every few seconds on my 2020 Frame 65" and new sonos arc.

turning off or on Atmos support with e-arc disabled seems to fix it but it's a huge pain to constantly do so.

Samsung, help us! 

userVggjdsxQ72
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm Having the same issue. Has there been a solution???????

0 Likes
userCN4tpsoJJH
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I haven't found a solution yet and I've spent a few hours talking with Samsung and Sonos Technical Support.  I'm running the latest Samsung firmware (1460.9). I've tried every settings combination including returning the TV to factory settings, starting from scratch. The Sonos team asked me to send a diagnostic report every time the sound dropped out.  They discussed the results with their engineering team and told me that the Samsung TV is not sending an audio signal when the sound drops.  This is happening a few times every day.  Typically, I can recover by turning off the TV for 5 seconds and turning it back on.  If it doesn't recover, I pull the TV power plug and plug it back in (as recommended by Samsung TS).  Not an acceptable solution!  They admitted knowing about the problem and it even occurs with their own Samsung soundbars.  Samsung engineering really needs to do a deep dive into the sound portion of the firmware.  It has serious issues.  I volunteered to beta test any new firmware.  No reply.

0 Likes
useruSNtIEU1nC
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

So strange that it's not clear what end the problem is on.  Sonos says it's Samsung's fault for not sending signal.  Yet rebooting the Arc makes it work.  The best way I can describe my problem is that the two don't talk when waking up and getting a new audio stream.  Thats when it starts dropping in and out, reliably.  The when rebooting the Arc, it is fine for the duration of my watching.  So they have trouble with new audio stream, but can connect during an existing stream from the TV.  Driving me up the wall!!!  I put a smartplug on the Arc to at least have voice control on the reboot.  But it is truly the reboot of shame every time I want to watch something.

0 Likes
userpZApP0zeZy
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

seemed to work a few weeks for me but problem started up again. 

0 Likes
userGkAMobDd8V
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same problem. I got the Sonors Arc in September. It has never worked with my 2020 75" Frame. Most of the time it doesn't recognize the Arc and when it does, I get the intermitent sound problem others are reporting. I have to say, the Frame has been very buggy and frustrating. Not being able to use my Sonos surround sound with it for months coupled with other bugs/annoyances has made the tv a regretful purchase. 

0 Likes
NightStorm
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Me too .. having issues with the Sonos Arc with a new Samsung 65" Frame TV. 

I've been following this issue on the Sonos forum where Sonos claims Samsung has not properly implemented the HDMI eArc specification.  They state that they are looking into doing some kind of work-around on their end, which makes it sound like noone can get any satisfaction out of Samsung.

I do find the Samsung Frame TV firmware lacking, things like failing to update, clunky interface, and that with the Sonos Arc plugged in it is impossible to switch to another audio device.  To use bluetooth headphones for example I have to unplug the Sonos Arc, otherwise The Frame switches right back to the Sonos for audio output.

Disappointing.

0 Likes