JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 2020 65" Frame - eARC does not work with Sonos Arc

(Topic created: 06-11-2020 08:34 AM)
BayshoreDrive
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just purchased the new Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Has anyone else encountered this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
50 Replies
useruSNtIEU1nC
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

This issue is not resolved, the thread should not be marked as such.

userXqASLiBvDn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

has anyone tested the new version 1462.1?
is the problem with the SONS arc sound solved?
regards

0 Likes
userglEovePZYk
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

It didn’t help anything. Same issues.

0 Likes
user7qaAbGs18C
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Still not resolved dolby atmos sound cuts outs every 10-15 mins it seems

0 Likes
userqtbIw7A7cM
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issues. Sound from my Sonos Arce is dropping out every few seconds.
I have the Samsung The Frame 65'' 2020, with firmware 1460. The workaround I do, and have been doing since I got the Arc in January is to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI-cable on the Sonos Arc after starting to play some content on the TV. 

I tried to download version 1497 from the Netherland support page, but i got update failed twice when trying to install the update on the TV via USB stick. (I'm located in Norway if that should matter)
Here is a link to 1497 if someone want to try:
https://www.samsung.com/nl/support/model/QE65LS03TASXXN/

0 Likes
andytyped
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I had a problem with the sonos arc not working after turning off the TV. I turned off "instant on" under the hidden menu of the TV to cure another issue where the wifi drops after turning off TV. Turns out, it fixed both issues!

Enter the hidden menu with old Samsung remote or ask the help line too turn off "instant on"

0 Likes
userR9bF9MJQzh
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having the same issue with a 55” 2021 Frame TV and a Sonos Beam gen 2.

Does turning off “instant on” have any other affects? Like does the TV take longer to turn on?

I don’t want to try a fix that causes more problems than it solves.

0 Likes
userBMbxSES4k0
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

You wouldn’t believe what worked for me!
*** Try a different HDMI cable ***

I had the exact same issue on my new 75’’ Samsung QN90A. 
Nothing worked. I tried everything mentioned here. 

Then I tried the HDMI cable that came with the Sonos Arc, instead of the other I had connected. Poof! Everything worked instantly. The TV notified me it detected a Dolby Atmos device, and everything was in sync. 

0 Likes
useruACu4ZeuAi
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have multiple Q80T TVs that are all paired with a Sonos Arc. About twice an hour while I watch TV, the sound will cut out for a second and then return. This issue is specific to the pairing of the device with Samsung since it works flawlessly when used as a speaker for music via Sonos. What can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
userglEovePZYk
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is the issue we all have. The only way to stop it is to go into the audio settings, expert settings, and turn HDMI e-ARC mode to "Off". Insane that Samsung won't address this. It's been years. 

0 Likes