JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 82 inch Q8FN does not save my video settings when I switch devices!

(Topic created on: 5/16/19 5:16 PM)
userVpsLOONChU
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I am using HDMI 4 for both my PS4 Pro and also my Oppo bluray player, after setting my video preferences for PS4 Pro and switching over to play a movie the TV applies the same video settings to my Oppo bluray player and vice versa.  My 2014 Samsung TV would not do this using the same HDMI 4 input for both devices. Why is this happening???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Are you using a switch? The television is not designed to differentiate between two sources on the same HDMI input. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Are you using a switch? The television is not designed to differentiate between two sources on the same HDMI input. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
userVpsLOONChU
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

No I am not using a switch. My older Samsung 8550 never had this issue and I don't understand why this "New" set would require a switch in order to recall the proper input settings. My AVR is designed to have one HDMI out to the TV and all my devices run thru that AVR into the HDMI 4 input on the TV. To have to add a switch is going backwards and very inconvienient.  Why then in the Q8FN menus does it ask if you want settings applied to 'all devices or current device"-This seems like a mistep by Samsung in this TV.

0 Likes