cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ERoach
Constellation

Samsung 8K Q900 eARC Update any day now?

I got this info from the Samsung chat before purchasing the 82Q900. The rep in chat had great ratings and seemed really knowledgeable. He told me the Q900 would have an update to support eArc in 12-14 days. This was about a week ago 9/4/19. I decided to purchase the TV 5 days ago and waiting for the update. 

I wanted to confirm this info before my 14-day return policy ends.  I reached out again to Samsung. Chat keeps sending me to Tech Support (they tend to read a script) and I can't replicate talking to the same type of person (knowledgeable). The original person I talked to was more of your techy sales guy.

My question is was he pulling my chain to get me to buy the TV? He gave me additional info to think not. He told me the reason eArc wasn't available at launch was because of a year-long licensing approval. I also asked him about Dolby Vision, he stated this will likely never come to Samsung due to a licensing feud, this is why Samsung came out with HDR10+. Again this knowledge leads me to believe he wasn't just pulling my chain. According to him, I should see an update any day now. Any thoughts on this?  

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung_otpKFrS
Astronaut

Re: Samsung 8K Q900 eARC Update any day now?

So heres my thing my done qont let me contact support and my lookout app on my done says all my emails are not with my current app so... how is the app running on my done

userwTMwpW73a8
Cosmic Ray

I have the 75" Q900. After spending thousands on the TV, purchasing a 7.1 Nakamichi Surround Sound System and new 4K Player (all i thought supported Dolby Atmos), I finally called tech support to find out why I wasn't getting Atmos (it's in the freaking Expert sound settings!! Dolby Digital plus and Atmos Capability button!)

After numerous calls, I was also told there was a new update coming as well. I called on 10/22/19. I'm praying that it includes an eARC firmware update and hope that will allow for Atmos to pass through. We do have a HDMI 2.1 port (#4) for a device and from what I've read, sounds like the 2.0 can still be upgraded. If this doesn't get fixed, I'll sell the TV and buy a different brand and model that supports the best available video and audio (LG or Sony). It's my fault for not doing even more in depth research than I already did before purchasing, but it seems crappy to spend that much money for a top of the line model and not have that support. 

userwTMwpW73a8
Cosmic Ray

I got a number for the update today so maybe it's coming soon. 

update 1324.1 

user2Xye78srFg
Constellation

Crossing my fingers. I didn't end up returning the tv. Too big to be messing around. Lol

usergGFWkNz9pq
Constellation

Please note: update 1290.4 now available in Germany for 2018 models with only minor changes. You might check the US site