JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buzzing Noise from Samsung Netflix App

(Topic created: 10-08-2020 01:01 PM)
userH6GzoeVYO0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

We just bought a QLED Q80T TV and set it up yesterday. There is a terrible buzzing noise when using the built in Netflix app. It makes it impossible to watch. I've read that this is due to a firmware update from Samsung. When will there be a fix for this??? Makes me want to return this TV and go with a different brand! I've tested Netflix using our old Apple TV box and it works fine. So it's definitely the app that comes pre-loaded with the TV.

user1XLpShFn2c
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

seems they dont know what they are doing. since the sound only comes in netflix app, its obvious its a software issue and not a hardware issue!! otherwise the buzzing would be apparent all the time or in most playback apps. it seems like, as mentionned above, turnin on or off LED clear motion can make the sound dissapear. in my case, if i turn it on the sound goes away, as soon as i turn it back off the sound comes back strong just like before. so definetly its a software issue

0 Likes
Solution
Options
QLED and The Frame

The high frequency noise problem on the 75" Q80T has been improved and fixed on the latest firmware version 1402.1. You guys can manually update your TV by loading the firmware to the USB first if your TV hasn't already updated on its own.

user09Z51jeMBn
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

That is true! The new update 1402 fixed the issue. Finally this unit can be enjoyed. 

0 Likes
uservT6xPgsJZo
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just updated to 1402 in the UK. Buzzing still exists on QE85Q80T, sadly. Has anyone in this thread from the UK had it fixed?

Thanks

0 Likes
user9v4OXQJXzk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Updated my QE75Q80T to 1402 now, but my tv also still buzzing. Sweden here!

Please Samsung, fix the problem!

userNyXmGkCLPc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have this exact same issue with my newly bought QE75Q80T 

Easiest way to reproduce is to start the ambient feature. Because the noise/buzzing/coil whine begins immediately.

However, I downloaded the 1402 firmware to usb, extracted. Yet the TV cannot find any updates. It just says no updates available. 

Files are extracted in the root drive, and not placed under any other folders.

I have tried 2 different and formatted (Fat32) usb drives. 
And i have tried them in both USB-ports of the TV. 

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userNyXmGkCLPc    Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html.

0 Likes
useria6m4lNiMb
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I bought a Q80T (Q8DT) 75 inch and I have the same problem when opening ambient mode. As soon as I open that the high pitch noise starts and I'm running the latest firmware 1402.

the first time it happened I had to reset the TV because it wouldn't stop no matter what I did (including disconnecting the tv)

It also randomly occurs when I use Bluetooth. 

0 Likes
user9v4OXQJXzk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I saw they just released a new firmware 1403.1

Anyone knows what it does? Maybe remove the buzzing noise from everyone? 

0 Likes
user9v4OXQJXzk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just updated to 1403, still buzzing! 

0 Likes