JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Q6 series Notifications unresponsive

(Topic created: 08-05-2020 09:43 PM)
userIbjXBp8NA0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Ive had problems with trying to navigate/make selections on my tvs notification pop ups for almost 2 years and have never been able to resolve it. Ive restored the tv to factory settings, updated it, reconnected the smart remote via holding the  back and pause/play button. Nothing I do seems to allow me to do anything other than bring up the smart hub once the popup appears. After that its freezes all controls. The notification im talking about is in the upper right corner of the tv. Possible software fault of the samsung tv?20200505_203452_HDR.jpg

16 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for this information.  Out of curiosity are you using the original remote for the television?  Is it strictly the pop up for someone attempting to connect the phone to the television or is it any pop up that's freezing the television?  

Is everything up to date on the television currently?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userIbjXBp8NA0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes its the original smart remote for the television. Everything is up to date and its any notification pop up that locks up all actions.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Does the pop-up happen randomly? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIbjXBp8NA0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

No, it only used to pop up for an update before I could manually select to update in the settings menu as I wasnt able to select "update now" from the notification window (like i said ive been dealing with this for almost 2 years). The only notifications I get now are when I try to connect my phone to the tv.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can I have your current software version number so that I may look further into this?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIbjXBp8NA0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sorry for the delay, Ill get you the software version number this evening. Id also like to add that I have the smart remote controlling my home theatre volume as well as my tv channel box. But Ive tried removing them so that the remote is only synced to the TV itself and nothing changed.

0 Likes
userIbjXBp8NA0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Current version is 1292

0 Likes
userIbjXBp8NA0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Bump.... Still cant resolve this issue.. No matter what i do and now im out of warranty. How effed am i?

0 Likes
userL5fQG9Yzzu
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've had the same issue and samsung and cannot talk to a human to get customer support.

0 Likes