cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Q60 tv chimes when the tv feels any vibration

Anytime someone steps near the tv the vibrations cause the smart things app to chime. 

I have turned off the tap settings on my phone and even did a reset on my tv and it is still happening. 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Q60 tv chimes when the tv feels any vibration

Can you try disabling the tap view feature? You can do so by going into your Smarthings app settings and it should stop the chime noise you're experiencing.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did that  I also deleted everything off my phone and it still happened. I have since reinstalled it and looked for other options and have not been able to find anything that might help  Here are some pictures of the settings screens. Screenshot_20200819-181613_SmartThings.jpg

Screenshot_20200819-181606_SmartThings.jpg

I don't know why this image is upside down.I don't know why this image is upside down.

Highlighted

When you tap on the SmartThings settings icon, "the Tap view, tap sound" is disabled?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes it is

Screenshot_20200820-012505_SmartThings.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem the tech never seen anything like it. They said samsung engineers will have to look into it. I am calling back  cause i didnt spend money to buy a faulty brand new tv. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same problem for me - this TV was bought from Costco just over 3 months ago so I cannot  return it.

I even disconnected all inputs, peripherals and wireless connections; the disruption still occurred with me stomping my feet approx 20' away as well as a light tap on the rear panel of the tv with my finger.

Samsung customer service has sent a service request for a tech to come and attempt to solve the problem.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I also got Samsung technicians involved. They came to my house today and opened the tv and replaced the motherboard .that seems to have fixed the issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

The technician came to my house yesterday, replaced the motherboard and the sound stopped. however this morning it has started happening again. Im starting to assume its a software issue. The motherboard probably updated sometime last night and that caused the issue again. I have contacted them and they will be coming back sometime, but until then I have no idea what the problem is. 

Interesting how Samsung has no information on this even though it is happening to many people. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

The problem is on the tv's end not the phones. I even tried uninstalling it from my phone and it still happened