cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Q70 tv turns right back on after turn it off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is also the problem I am having with me Q70R that I bought Nov last year. 

It's been happening more and more frequently as well. Has anyone heard from Samsung about the remote ?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfyMmvZraCv wrote:

@MITEECS wrote:

I ended up taking batteries out of Samsung remote after trying a few other things and works fine now, I actually started having issue after an update so hoping next update fixes.

Samsung, if you're reading this, please take special note of MITEECS solution and investigate an issue with the remote control.

I unplugged all accessories and disconnected the internet from my one month old Q70, yet the TV would still turn on after 45 seconds on its own -- not every time the TV was powered off, but every 5th or 6th time the TV was powered off.  I noticed that the remote's red LED would flicker twice after 45 seconds when the TV was turned off, and the TV would stay off.  HOWEVER, sometimes the remote's LED would flicker 4 to 6 times after turning the TV off, and then the TV would turn back on by itself.  I removed and replaced the batteries, and the TV turned on by itself less frequently after it was powered down, but it gradually came back to turning on by itself every 5th or 6th powering off (leading me to believe a capcitance issue).  Finally, I removed the batteries, shelved the Q70 remote, and use an Amazon Fire Stick remote instead.  Since using the Fire Stick remote, the TV has never turned on by itself, even with all accessories connected to it, including the HW-Q60R soundbar which uses the HDMI-ARC port.

Therefore, there is something wrong with the Q70 remote control.  Please fix.

UPDATE:  Samsung technician came to the house and made the repair.  He replaced the mainboard and the IR receiver unit in the TV (under warranty).  It's been over two weeks now and the TV has not turned on by itself yet!  In fact, I noticed something new -- it doesn't default to a live TV channel when turning on after it was turned off while watching Netflix or YouTube.  It now turns on with whatever app was being used last.  Therefore, the issue was with the TV and not the remote control.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you file this claim?  Having the same issue with the Samsung turning back on without me prompting it to. Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm pretty sure it's the remote. Just before it occurs the red lights blink like buttons are being pressed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. When I turn the TV off, it turns right back on less than a minute later. I've spoken with both Samsung technical support (multiple occasions) and with Best Buy Geek Squad, and I've also tried every possible solution they have suggested, including combinations of the following: (1) Disconnecting the TV from the electrical socket, (2) factory resetting, (3) disconnecting the connected devices from the TV, (4) altering the setting in the TV, and (5) resetting and removing the remote control batteries. I've also exchanged my TV for an identical model and I am still having the same problem.

I can assure you that neither your Comcast box nor any other connected device is causing the problem. My TV turns right back on after using only the TV installed apps like Netflix, VUDU, Prime, and Disney+. This is a TV software related issue. I believe Samsung is capable of creating a patch that would fix the problem, but that would require time and money, both of which Samsung cares little about.

I'm tired of Samsung telling me that they are not aware that this is a problem. That is not true. I've read hundreds of similar reports on the internet and no one has found a permanent solution. This is a quality control issue, and one that will not be resolved. It is simpler for them to deny this problem, because admitting to the problem suggests they are intentionally selling TV's that are known to be faulty.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new 2020 65" Frame and am having the same issue.

Press and hold the power button until TV powers off and within a few minutes it comes back on.

I tried taking the batteries out of the remote, changing batteries, resetting to default, powering off from all different 'places' (Art, Ambient, Default Samsung TV, and our one input - Amazon Fire TV (Ver 3 - the square one). ) 

After reading this post and others as well as the the linked Samsung articles, I traced my issue to the AnyNet+ feature.

When AnyNet+ is OFF, the problem does not occur.

Unfortunately, without it on - The Frame does not recognize the Fire TV device, which is a non-starter.

If I put the Fire TV to 'sleep' (which is a number of clicks to access) - or simply unplug it, the problem does not occur.

I have ordered the latest Fire STICK (Gen2) which has the newer remote with Power and volume buttons to see if the power button on this remote will power off the Fire TV and prevent this problem. While technically this is 'older tech' than the one I have,  I wanted to test both the device and the remote and Amazon provide a 20% discount 'upgrade' option.

Should the new Fire Stick / remote not work, my Plan B is to use a Wemo or similar device to turn off the power to the TV plug. Definitely my last choice.

I have used the same ver 3 Fire TV devices in other TVs we own (including Samsung and Vizio) with AnyNet+ enabled and none of them have this issue.  Only The Frame is having issues with AnyNet+ devices. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
still having this issue in 2020