cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jesus! What the heck is all this nonsense???

We bought an insanely expensive smart tv you have to unplug all devices from everytime you turn it off?

I dont have words, is this a stupid prank from Samsung, or what? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Tam, are you kidding??? Just a robot??? Please be serious, this is ridiculous what you say after seeing 9 pages of people having issues with that... 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's cool that we(consumers) are diagnosing a problem THAT SAMSUNG should maybe look into it. I don't know about anything about business or anything about loyal customers. CLEARLY, the solutions that you are giving us isn't working. The real problem is that nothing is getting communicated to the engineers to actually help us fix this [edit] problem. I can't believe we spent this much on a product and the tv can't even stay turned off. The basic functionality of a TV and Samsung has failed us.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxDhiCikAwy wrote:

Working solution: Put some black electrical tape on the front of the remote to block the IR transmitter from turning the TV on on its own.

As I've previously suggested, putting black tape on the remote's IR transmitter fixed it for me. I've had it for quite some time now and the TV doesn't turn on by itself anymore. The TV can still be controlled no problem since the remote is also paired on Bluetooth. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung 82" 82RU8000WXXY recently bought (2 weeks ago). Noticed the same problem where the TV randomly turns on a few seconds after turning off. It doesn't happen everytime but does happen every now and then. It's so new that I don't have anything connected to it (no HDMI connections, Soundbar, No Antenna, Nothing). It's only got Wifi connected and we have only used streaming apps (Netflix, Amazon)

It's obviously still in warranty and I also purchased extended warranty. I am worried and thinking what to do.... Obviously spent alot of money for the big screen and went with a big named brand so I don't have to face these crappy issues... Wasn't prepared for this.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

seriously, will SAMSUNG do something for his customers? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung doesn't really care. A technician just left my residence for the 3rd time attempting to fix the problem. The inconvenience of having someone in my home for a 3rd time is not what I expected from Samsung who should replace an obviously defective tv. Not happy and will contact BBB if I need too, just to leave a negative review about Samsung. Once again I have to replace and download all that I had before they reset the tv for the 3rd time. I have 2 other Samsung tv's and I will spread the word and not purchase anymore Samsung products like I did with Sony many years ago. I'll give LG a try next. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My QE49Q70R recently started turning itself on when I replaced my Sonos beam with a Sonos Arc. Reverting back to the beam makes the problem go away.  https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-wakes-up-my-samsung-qe49q70r-6843778?po...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry Thanks!

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam wrote:

We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry Thanks!

Thanks for your response. To be honest I wasn't expecting much in the way of a response but was more hoping to see if the rest of the community had ideas and maybe contribute overall to finding a solution.