JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 11:33 AM)
userg4brAh7gv6
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I just bought a Samsung Q70R QLED TV and on the second day it turned on by itself after being turned off for ~2 minutes. It did it again today.

I see that this is a recurring issue for several models. Can someone from Samsung please contact me so I can get this figured out?

130 Replies
user1yskxtqRIN
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

This is posted but I can't seem to find a real solution or the right person to pm. 

This TV is not even 2 years old. It just shut off and started to turn on and off every 2 seconds repeatedly until I unplugged it. 

The red light flashes twice each time. Is this a power board issue. 

Qn75q65fn TV from November of 18.

Should this be covered or do I need to buy my own board and fix it? 

userARSv2vU8U8
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have same problem with Q70 and have completed all the proposed solutions from the manufacturer.  I have to ask the question as to why I must disable functionality to ensure the device doesn't go haywire and turn itself on.  I am not so concerned about ruining the TV, BUT I am concered about data plan usage, particularly if I'm gone for a long time - Comcast rates are NOT CHEAP.  The TV switches sound sources from internal speaker to soundbar w/o any rhyme or reason.  I had to disable Bixby because this would just pop up when you're having a conversation and say something inane like ".. I didn't quite understand your request" - I didn't make a request.  As for me, I won't be buying another Samsung TV.  I've had great luck with a Sony and wish I had purchased it vs this .

SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Thank you for this DIY. As a reminder, unfortunately, Samsung does not support the alteration of hardware/software of any device. In doing so you will void your warranty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userV3eClQcMYG
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Come on Samsung. These solutions do not work. Read all the threads please. You're one of the largest electronics companies in the world. Why would you let people drop your brand for something like this?  I really can't believe that a software fix has not been provided. Thanks 

useryLReEHYzUv
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Our QN55 in the bedroom turned on by itself in the middle of the night last night.   Searching for the smart remote I found it was under the dog.  She must have rolled over on the remote and turned the TV on :-).    Our QN75 in the living room however does turn on by itself occasionally without any help.   One thing that we have found is that if we turn the TV on with the smart remote but then turn it off with the (universal) cable remote the smart remote will turn the TV back on.   Using the same remote for turning on and off solved the problem for us. 

TW
gottsohn
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung needs to create a Software update to fix this issue, it's really annoying.

I have the same issue and no HDMI device connected to it.

I get this bug at least twice a week.

useroMXr1iFCic
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

i solved this problem....

turn your tv with program + or -, tv didnt turn on for a 3 months...

if i turn tv on, with turn on/off button, it turn on, a few secunds, after i turn it off...

0 Likes
userlVDI5y8ffP
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

There is a Setting on the Samsung TV (I have The Frame TV) and here is where you go to turn off the setting that constantly turns your tv on at night and automatically!

General | Network | Expert Settings | Power On with Mobile (turn it OFF)

Its because you connected the Mobile Device to the TV and each time you touch the phone it thinks "You must want tv" so it turns it ON.

hopefully that helps

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Thank you for sharing!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userVdl0quI1sj
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

No, this is not a solution, this what we call in software engineering a work around. As a software engineer in test, I believe there is a design flaw in one of the TV chip/firmware. we spent hours with samsung support and we turned off anynet, smart things and bixby and re-set the TV to factory setting. That evening after I turned off the TV within seconds it turned on by itself.  The biggest question - WHY after the TV comes back on again, and I turn it off,  IT DOESN'T COME BACK AGAIN after I turned off?   If  what they are telling us "HDMI" signal, bixby hears sound waves similar to "Turn TV on", then, why only this happens once right after we turn the TV off and not again? All the posts I read don't make sense. The problem  "If there was no design flaws in the firmware, then why I had to turn off  most  features that I paid for?" We shouldn't have to turn off any feature and the TV MUST function like other TV's on the market like the one on the same levels as Samsung Q70R TV.  

0 Likes