cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userg4brAh7gv6
Asteroid

Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a Samsung Q70R QLED TV and on the second day it turned on by itself after being turned off for ~2 minutes. It did it again today.

I see that this is a recurring issue for several models. Can someone from Samsung please contact me so I can get this figured out?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The TV will only power on by itself when HDMI-CEC or Anynet+ is enabled and a connected device is sending a signal to the TV. The TV receives this signal and powers on. Most likely culprits are a cable box or satellite box, but can also happen with connected sound systems or blu-ray players. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code?

userg4brAh7gv6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

QN55Q70RAFXZA

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What devices are connected to the television? Please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung and provide the current software version.

userg4brAh7gv6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Software Version:

T-MSMAKUC-1067.0, B0930800/070104, BT-S

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user68U5PhxuI6
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same tv and having same problem. The past 2 nights before bed I turned the tv off. About 30 seconds - 1 minute later the tv turned back on by itself. I then turned it off again and it stayed off. No idea what the problem is. The tv is only 5 days old! Have updated to the latest software on the tv. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the current software of your unit?

user68U5PhxuI6
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Software T-MSMAKUC-1315.4, B0970101/070104, BT - S

I also noticed when it comes back on 30 seconds or so after turning on, that the QLED Samsung logo pops up.  It's as if when I turn on the TV, it's doing a full system restart and coming back on.  Only seems to be doing this late at night.  Doesn't seem to come back on when turn off during the day.  

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have CEC anynet+ turned on?