cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: QN55Q7FAMFXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed - Still happening 9/11/2020. Q70 75". Samsung please give us a solution!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

65" Q70.  This is still an issue!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

9/17/20

Last night plugged in the QLED Q90. The tv was turning on and off every 20-30 seconds. It would turn on by itself and off by itself. Tried different outlets, direct plug to wall, unplugged from wall waited 5 minutes. Turning of the mobile start. Once the wi-fi was powered down the tv stayed on. Once the wifi was turned back on the tv started turning on and off again by itself. Not good for such an expensive television. Never had an issue with Samsung until this go around. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Q80TAT starts by itself!! 
purchased 9/2020

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. 20-30 secs after turning the TV off, the leds on the remote blink twice and the TV turns back on.

This is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have QN75Q80RA and a remote control that will turn ON the TV about 25 seconds after I turn it OFF.  I know the remote is turning on the TV because I watch the remote and it starts to blinks rapidly about 20 seconds from pushing off, about 5 rapid double blinks and the tv turns on about 5 seconds from the start of the blinking. This happens not all the time, but a few times a week.  Most times I turn off the TV the remote will do a quick double blink 20 seconds after turning off the TV, but the TV will not turn on(normal).  But every so often the remote blinks more (5 rapid double-blinks) and turn ON the TV by itself.  This cannot be normal.  I bought the TV 10 months ago. It has been doing this since I bought it. I was on the phone with the Samsung tech line many times. They were not much help. I finally decided to put the remote in a steel cookie box with a tight lid every time I turned the TV off (I did this for 2 weeks)and that solved the problem. I phoned Samsung tech and they agreed I should get a new remote. After a few days with the new remote, it started turning the TV back on like before. So no difference! I even started making videos on my phone of it turning itself back on if no one believes me.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What remote do you have? I have a Q70T and the remote is IR, not BT. And it doesn't blink or turn the TV on.. The Q80R must use a different remote...?

Is there some kind of "reboot" or software update for remotes?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the latest update 1402 does not fix this problem! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't believe samsung still haven't fixed this yet.  It's still doing this and where almost 2021... Only thing I noticed that fixed the issue for me. Is not using the Samsung remote to turn off the tv... I use my nvidia shield remote... When I do that. It never turns back on...  So I'm pretty sure the Samsung  remote is the problem 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have something in your settings called Anynet+ (On the QM75R I was working with, it was in Menu -> System -> General-> Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)), try disabling it and see what happens.  This fixed the issue for me.