Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my Q60R and it has no devices connected to it

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not only tried every fix in this thread, but Samsung has replaced the motherboard in both the one connect box and the tv. They have also replaced the one connect cord. Nothing has fixed this problem. I love this tv, but this issue has made me wish I could get a refund and buy another brand. They need to figure out what is truly causing this issue, as it is unacceptable to keep offering the same solutions to everyone, that clearly do not work. This is so frustrating!!!

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure if it will work for you, but I was able to get my QN55Q7CNA to stop turning itself on by not using the wireless network connection.  I previously had it set up with a wired network connection from a wireless acccess point.  That was how my old TV needed to be connected to a network because it didn't have wireless capability.  I recently switched this TV to wireless when my access point stopped working and that's when the TV mysteriously started turning itself on.  It's not a great solution and purchasing an access point is an additional expense, but it works for me and I already had the equipment.  You still connect via wireless but just through an access point.  I would first shut of the wireless network in the options and see if the TV stops turning itself on.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new 49" Q70R, bought in December, connected via Wifi and connected to devices, including a Yamaha receiver, via CEC and have not had any instances of the tv turning on and off by itself. I guess it could be happening in the middle of the night, but it's not something I've seen.

I've been reading this community since I got my tv to watch for problems and resolutions, but so far this is one problem I just have not experienced. Obviousy, I don't have a Connect box like larger tv's seem to have. There's gotta be something common among all these tvs causing them to turn on and off. If it's not a hardware issue, a software/firmware issue would be highly suspect.

I do wonder if Samsung's engineers are aware of this issue and are trying to solve it, though. Good luck with this. 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Cares came over to diagnose the issue. I paid $80 plus tax and wanted me to pay $600 for the same repaire of the motherboard. I am glad I did not go through with that repair since that did not fix the issue for you. I would have been extremely upset spending $2,600 total and this QLED 2017 still not fixed. Is anyone doing anything about this? Maybe an online petition going around?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the motherboard replaced, the TV buttons replaced, the WIFI card replaced and I've tested it with 3 different remotes... issue still persists!

Insanely disapointed. Just the fact that Samsung isn't acknowledging this problem is quite upsetting. I will be phoning Samsung for the thrid time to express these concerns and to get a replacement. I will gladly keep everyone updated.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First I thought Im a crazy, or someones playing with me. But after few months with this tv, yes it turns on by itself! My wife agrees. 

I spent 2200$ on my 75in q70r and now I feel like I wasted a lot of money on this TV.

It is totally unacceptable. I don't have anything hooked up to it. Just plain Wi-fi. And its acting like this? 

Samsung! Please fix it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, could I have your full model number and current software version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

? You are sorry to hear that, BUT THIS IS A SHAME! Do you even have Beta testers to TEST your products before selling???

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, despite what "THEY" say, and I don't claim this as your problem but my remote turns my TV back on, all by itself.   If I turn off the TV and leave it pointed in any way so the TV can receive the signal, and that includes bouncing it off shiny objects, it will turn it back on in like a minute or two.   I don't know if it would do it again or what but if I put the remote down carefully so it can't ghost on the TV, it doesn't come on by itself.  If I forget it "magically" comes back on, it has several times.   I would work with it a little more to find out when and how but the Samsung or the person (or trained monkey)  who answers on this group simply refuses to believe or acknowledge the problem.     Let me know, I would bet I'm not the only one with this problem.

@userg4brAh7gv6 wrote:

I just bought a Samsung Q70R QLED TV and on the second day it turned on by itself after being turned off for ~2 minutes. It did it again today.

I see that this is a recurring issue for several models. Can someone from Samsung please contact me so I can get this figured out?