cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me it's the remote problem. As it's Bluetooth, even when you hide it from TV it will work. So I put off the batteries and for one week now I didn't had the ghost switch on (20-30 seconds after I switch off with the apo.). CAN SOMEONE FROM SAMSUNG WORK ON THIS???

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a solution but to help pinpoint the cause, I noticed that when I power the TV off and wait 50-60 seconds, the light on the top of my remote will blink different patterns (I paid attention to this because someone else mentioned the remote blinking). If it blinks 7 times, it soft resets the TV and powers back on. If it blinks 1 - 4 times, it soft resets the TV but doesn't power back on right away. However, when I turn the TV back on, I get the soft reset Samsung logo and the TV doesn't return to the app it was on when it powered off. Sometimes the remote doesn't blink at all, and I don't have a problem. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to whether the remote light is going to blink. When I take the batteries out of my remote and use my phone to control the TV, I don't have any soft reset or power on issues. But when I put the batteries back in, the problem resumes.

So for me, it's the remote is causing the problem, and I can't think of a fix other than to replace the remote.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is someone behind you with the remote control turning it on.lol

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a QN75Q9FNA that just started turning itself on.  I have the latest firmware update.

I recently turned on the WiFi and connected it to my network.  That's when the problem began.  I've just disconnected it from the WiFi network, and it appears to now stay off.  

Luckily I have Ethernet behind all 7 TVs in this house, so I will try a wired connection.  That said, this is totally unacceptable when spending any amount on a TV, let alone the huge chunk of change that I spent on this TV.  A few months ago I bought another QLED TV for upstairs--I never would have bought it had this problem reared its head beforehand.

I've been buying Samsung TVs for over a decade.  That may change moving forward.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem guys.. When i play ps4 for like 4hours and after that i try to turn off tv it turns on again in 30sec.. I disabled all features and it comes on again.. 

What i would recomend u guys to try is "sleep timer 10minutes" it cam mind a min ago.. Maybe it will help, and yes it must me the remote sending some signal or what ever but hey i spend 2000e on 65' q70r when i say OFF then he should be OFF..

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well have same problem all guys have too with Q series tv . But I have solution for it that works for me and maybe you too. I have a TiVo connected  to the Tv and I use tivo remote only to turn tv on and off . If I use the Samsung remote to turn on tv then later to turn off Tv, 30 seconds the Tv turns back on. This has been my work around and has worked for months unless I forget and use the Samsung remote. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'v found EASY SOLUTION, just delete any remote acess from UNIVERSAL REMOTE.. No wellcome Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I suggest all users having this issue to proceed to the following test?

1. Put off the batteries of the remote control

2. Use only the Samsung Remote App, or SmartThings to control the TV for one or two weeks

Just to validate that the problem is the Bluetooth remote control.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same problem with mine. When connected to WiFi it powers on automatically!  

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most of the time when a Samsung tv appears to turn on by itself, it is actually sensing activity of a connected device, such as a FireTv device.