cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Q765 keeps powering off

I am at my witts end - Just got off the phone with Samsung Tech (SMH) - My TV recently started shutting itsself off, it was annoying to start with but we didnt complain. Now its all the time sometimes 7 times within 10 minutes. Samsung said I must have kinked the glass wire (i know I shook my head too) the other tech said it could be the one connect box and suggested getting someone to come out and look at it. 

Has anyone had the same problem  and what did you do to fix it? If I have to buy another one connect box (because now I am out of warranty) how much is that going to cost?

I feel I could get more answered here than trying to deal with a uneducated tech support group.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Q765 keeps powering off

Don't think a kinked wire would cause intermittent power offs. Its either going to power it or its not. But it could very well be a power supply issue. When it turns off does it just go black and suddenly shut off or does it power off like it would with a remote? Does it always turn back on after this happens?
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Q765 keeps powering off

It powers off just like it does with the remote and no it doesn't come back on unless I use the remote to turn it back on!