cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azaka
Constellation

Samsung Q7FN 2018 Screen goes black / Loses signal

Hey, i bought this TV just 2 weeks ago and i seem to have a problem at least with my PS4 pro when i'm playing and it's all fine for let's say 1 hour but all of a sudden it loses signal for 1-2 seconds, at first i thought it was nothing but it keeps getting more frequent, it basically goes all black and it does also lose sound, i'm not sure whether it loses signal from hdmi or actually powering off. So my first thought was that it's a one connect box problem. I did actually try to unplug power and hdmi cables and put them back, but this didn't help at all.

Is this a problem anyone has experienced? Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
userTThNwoAQSl
Constellation

Re: Samsung Q7FN 2018 Screen goes black / Loses signal

I have the same problem with the EU 55mu7000 and ps4 pro. So far it only happens once in the first few minutes of play, but I've read online that people have been experiencing this for years and for some of them it got so bad that the die-hard Samsung fans actually switched over to Sony TVs!

No solution yet.

Maybe Samsung should, you know, do something about this?

Jav0
Constellation

There is actually one workaround: when the PS4 Pro is powered on (and the TV changes to that input) you have to disable and enable again the HDMI UHD Color option for that source. I know it's quite annoying to do this process each time you turn on the PS4 Pro but it you want to play at the max quality (no need to change the PS4 resolution to 2160p YUV420) and without having a black screen during the gameplay this is the only solution so far.

By the way, I have a QLED 2017 Q8C and I suffer this annoying bug more than one year ago. I thought the problem was fixed for the 2018 models but now I see I was wrong.

Nice one Samsung.

userI4YqJlfTgh
Astronaut

I have a UN50ju7100 and my screen goes black and no sound for @3 seconds periodically. The problem seems to be getting more often. This has been a problem since purchased 2016. Seem to do it with either cable box (Comcast) or Samsung Blu-ray player. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userI4YqJlfTgh, have you tried replacing the cables connected to the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.