Original topic:

Samsung Q80R TV and ARC HDMI Port

(Topic created: 07-17-2021 05:43 PM)
AceJH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a Samsung Q80R TV connected to a Yamaha RX-A3070 A/V receiver via the TV's ARC HDMI port.  It's been working fine since I've had the TV.  Now in the TV's sound >expert menu settings the option to select Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital+ is not available, the only option available is PCM.  I tried a different HDMI cable but to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have a decent HDMI cable that was working before this happened.

4 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

If it worked before, it could be a cache related issue. 

Have you tried unplugging the devices from each other and from power for 5 minutes and then setting it back up?

Is the software up to date?

Have you tried a factory reset?

0 Likes
AceJH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Software is up to date.  I tried unplugging everything connected for 5 minutes.  It still indicates the only option is PCM....no Dolby Digital or DD+ is available.  I'll try leaving everything unplugged overnight and respond tomorrow, 7/21/21.

P.S.  I have a ROKU Ultra connected and it detects all the formats including Dolby Atmos that my Yamaha RX-A3070 A/V receiver supports.

0 Likes
AceJH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I purchased a better HDMI cable, unplugged the TV and A/V receiver for a while then connected the new HDMI cable from the A/V receiver to the TV's HDMI ARC port.  The problem still exists.  I'm going to try a factory default reset on the TV.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Please keep us posted on the reset. How is everything connected?

0 Likes