cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userON2DbDGiAi
Constellation

Samsung Q90R has big problems with HDR gaming.

Ok, so. I'm now on my 3rd Samsung Q90R TV. All 3 have had the exact same problem. When gaming games require you to adjust the in game HDR brightness by either making a logo just disappear or by making the logo barley visible. At first you can achieve this. But for some reason it then decides it doesn't want to work, and nothing you can do will get it to work again. Example. Forza Horizon 4  HDR slider the Forza logo just disappears at 1300 nits. But then the next time it won't dissapear until you set the slider to 9000 nits, if it dissapears at all. Hitman 1000 nits. But the next time the logo cannot be made barley visible no matter where you put the slider, it remains very visible. I've tried 15 HDR games across the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X and both give the same results. One day you can set HDR brightness within the games, the next you can't no matter what you do. I've even had HDR expert Adam Fairclough, aka Evil Boris who does work for Digital Foundry and HDTVTEST try to help me, but we still couldn't get to the bottom of it. I've just now done a web search and discovered that people with the Samsung Q85R and Q70R have had the exact same problem earlier in the year. So this is clearly a problem with 2019 Qleds. And I'm shocked that Samsung still hasn't fixed the problem all this time on. These TV'S are supposed to be high end flagship models the very best that cost thousands, yet they cannot even do HDR games!! I've tried literally everything, full factory resets, new HDMI cables, correct settings, fiddling with options turning them on and off. This needs to be patched in a firmware update. 

3 REPLIES 3
userF0mzkbssJL
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Q90R has big problems with HDR gaming.

I've just noticed the same with Forza 7 on PC.

userKqCEddeNj3
Constellation

I have a similar issue with Q80r. I notice occasionally when playing modern warfare on ps4, white point hdr slider shows middle image "barely" on 98 point and sometimes show it at 75 points. Only way to fix it is to give both ps4 and tv a restart which always fixes the issue I do not understand why this is happening but it is quite annoying.

Scott1904
Constellation

Hello, I was ready to buy a Q70 TV and Q80 soundbar and now I reading this about hdr gaming and not released eARC update. wow I'm shocked and I wont buy it anymore. Sorry guys that you maked this experience, but thanks a lot to warn other people.