cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Samsung Q90T / Samsung HW-Q70T audio delay with Dolby atmos

Hey, so I was having a heck of a time syncing my Xfinity cable box audio with my Samsung q90t using a Denon receiver.

Here is my setup:

Xfinity cable box connected to HDMI port.

Denon AVR-S750H connected to TV via HDMI eARC.

Samsung TV audio expert settings: Pass-through on and hdmi eARC mode on AUTO.

Xfinity X1 audo settings: HDMI Output: Auto

Fixed my problem completely. You may still have to tweak the sync manually on your receiver or TV. I do have AV sync turned on (on my Denon). 

Prior to changing the Samsung audio settings, I could NOT get the audio to sync no matter how much I toggled the audio sync bar through the Samsung settings menu or the Denon sync.

Constellation

This last reply didn't work for me unfortunately...I have:

A Samsung Q7 TV

A Denon AVR-S750H

Xfinity X1 Cable Box

X1 box to TV, then audio to Denon through HDMI ARC results in audio behind video - small lag extremely annoying.

All Samsung apps through same HDMI output to Denon work fine with no lag.

Set X1 to PCM audio and lag problem goes away.  Obviously this is an unacceptable fix as the output is now only two channel stereo.

Tried different HDMI cables, etc. no luck.

Connect X1 box direct to Denon no problem...but this requires extra input output and on/off steps.  

It would be nice to use the Samsung to control all my HDMI inputs and not the home theater audio device...the interface is just cleaner.

Bottom line, Samsung TV causing delay on the HDMI audio pass-through...a real bummer of a bug for such a nice TV to have!  Assume Xbox/Playstation users who want surround sound and route their inputs through TV to avoid any video delay will be really miffed with this issue...

Sure would be nice if Samsung could address this with a firmware fix ASAP!!

Constellation

Just changed my setting on digital output audio to pass-through  and my sync problem went away.

Q90T with HW-Q70T

Thank you!

Astronaut

I have the same problem with my q80t ,with my pc that has an rtx 3090 connected to the hdmi 2.1 on the tv and using earc connected to my onkyo rz730. i got delay from videos and games and youtube tried fiddiling with the audio delay option and it doesnt fix it . i also cant use passthrough only dolby atmos or pc with gives stereo signal only cant even pick dolby 5.1 or 7.1 on my pc only dolby atmos or stereo are available on my pc sound setting .and every like 30 mins the audio cuts off!!!!

i might try and get an hdmi 2.1 cable for the earc to av reciever and see if this would fix the problem.but i dont think so i think its a software issue with the tv .these tvs are full of bugs .