Original topic:

Samsung Q950a rear speakers not working with Dolby Atmos!!

(Topic created: 06-14-2021 05:30 PM)
userxBzTj6d9CW
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame
I have my Samsung q950a hooked up with my QN90a Neo qled TV via eARC. When I am watching Dolby Atmos material on Netflix, Apple TV, Disney Plus, Hulu, HBOmax and Amazon Prime my rear speakers do not work at all. My rear speakers only work when I am watching standard audio or if I switch to PCM which result in a greatly degraded sound profile. All of my settings and connections are correct. Is anyone else having this issue?? I have called Samsung support Tech 3 times in they do not have a clue what the issue is.  I've tried expensive 8K HDMI cables and the cables provided by Samsung.. Im thinking this is a software and/or hardware issue. 
13 Replies
useraKRXMehggQ
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I had to turn bass enhancement OFF to get Atmos to work on the rear speakers. Hope this helps. 

davebwi
Comet
Options
Qled and Frame
This has to be a bug, I also had to turn Base enchancement off, then rear speakers got sound from Dolby sound sources
userxBzTj6d9CW
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame
OMG!! It worked!! Thank you so much!! I had Bestbuy Geek Squad come to my house and they couldn't figure this out!! Your a RockStarr :guitar:!! Thank you again!! :hundred_points: 🙌🏽
0 Likes
davebwi
Comet
Options
Qled and Frame
Its doesnt make sense, but it does fix the rear speaker problem.I Hope SAMSUNG tests and fixes this issue..I liked the additional base out of subwoofer, But Not at the expense of Rear Speakers!
userIytqKgf1cQ
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I know this sounds stupid, but how do you turn the bass enhancement off?

0 Likes
user1WQkiGxEzs
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the exact same problem. I play 4K UHD BD via Sony BD player, whenever the audio format is Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital 5.1 or Dolby TrueHD 5.1, the rear speakers are complete silence. They will sound if change to PCM output. However, it works OK if audio format is DTS types. I have contacted Samsung Malaysia 3 times telling them all the tests I have done, including UHD BD, standard BD, media players, netflix and even laptop PC. They don't have clue at all and suggested me to send back for repair, OMG! Lucky me to find this post, I salute you. Turning off the Bass Enhancement now solved the problem, but missed the punchy bass a lot.
The product engineering did not fully validate the products? I hope this get the attention of the engineering team and soon give us a solution. We got the buggy products out of the box, unbelievable.

Thanks again @useraKRXMehggQ

0 Likes
userUjgM0FZYaM
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

yes this also worked for me, wow software testing 😞

QE65QN95AA and HW-Q950A

hope this is fixed soon, i love bass

0 Likes
userIytqKgf1cQ
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the same problem, but forgive me if I sound like a NOOB. How do you turn the bass off as others have noted this worked for them?

0 Likes
user1WQkiGxEzs
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Go to SmartThings app, tap the soundbar icon, tap Advanced Sound Settings, check if Bass Enhancement is On. Toggle it to turn Off. The rear speakers should have sound after turn off Bass Enhancement.