cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not-Amused
Asteroid

Samsung QLED 4K HDR TV QN55Q6FNAFXZA restarts TV randomly when playing XBOX One X

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem I have a Xbox One X and a Samsung 4K HDR TV QN55Q6FNAFXZA, the problem started after firmware 1260.8 TV restarts randomly anywhere from 30 min to 10hrs, sometimes it would happen 5 times in 10hrs of gaming.

It never happened on original firmware 1153 when TV was unboxed. Only happens on gaming, not watching TV or Roku Box, turned game mode to on instead of automatic, TV is on 4K and HDR, Xbox setting set the same way.

I have also checked that no autopower off or sleep timer is on.  Even with the firmware 1270.6. (came out last week on website AUG 07,2019)

I have switched inputs and cables. Reset the TV to factory.

I am on the Delta Xbox insider program and update frequently.

My theory is the Freesync and HDR setting on TV it is erroring out and crashing the TV, thus restarting. I have yet to test this theory because of playing without Freesync & HDR is painful.

My other theory is a the TV OS process is crashing restarting the TV. There has to be a way to look at logs on TV, since it is a form of Linux os.

I don't think its a heat issue. since TV is normal temp.

The QLED Q6 TV doesn't have a One Connect Box. (so no One Connect Optical cable fix)

(NU7400, NU7500, NU8000, NU8500, NU9000, Q6F, Q7F, Q7C, Q8F, Q9F ) all use same firmware

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ReedoGeo
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED 4K HDR TV QN55Q6FNAFXZA restarts TV randomly when playing XBOX One X

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UN65NU8000FXZA that reboots when watching Vudu through an Xbox, but only about once a day. I am not sure where freesync even is on the TV to disable it, or if there is a newer firmware version. It says its up to date with version 1270.  its not too bad since its only about once a day, but still is not right.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Tygeezy
Asteroid

Re: Samsung QLED 4K HDR TV QN55Q6FNAFXZA restarts TV randomly when playing XBOX One X

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using Freesync?

user7nBBnkUIjT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same issue with my qled q8fn55. bought it february and everthing was fine till two months ago. my xbox one x and ps4 pro both have tv restart during gameplay. i have factory reset the tv, deleted xbox in universal remote, got a new samsung tv remote, turned off hdmiec, turned off mobile device turn on, etc. anything i can do to fix it i have tried twice with no luck. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Not-Amused  There is a newer software version available, it can be found here: Link

@user7nBBnkUIjT  What is the current software version on the television?

Not-Amused
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You obviously are either a bot, or didn’t read the post. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I missed the second firmware update and only saw the first. Have you set up service for the issue?

user7nBBnkUIjT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my software is up to date and i wouldnt call an August patch new either

ReedoGeo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UN65NU8000FXZA that reboots when watching Vudu through an Xbox, but only about once a day. I am not sure where freesync even is on the TV to disable it, or if there is a newer firmware version. It says its up to date with version 1270.  its not too bad since its only about once a day, but still is not right.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Not-Amused
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7nBBnkUIjT wrote:

i have the same issue with my qled q8fn55. bought it february and everthing was fine till two months ago. my xbox one x and ps4 pro both have tv restart during gameplay. i have factory reset the tv, deleted xbox in universal remote, got a new samsung tv remote, turned off hdmiec, turned off mobile device turn on, etc. anything i can do to fix it i have tried twice with no luck. 

The consensus with your TV is a bad One Connect cable.

The work around for everyone if you still have the problem is turn off freesync.

Why buy a TV that advertised freesync and not be able to use it?

My personal feeling is Samsung don’t care.

They have your money.

Not-Amused
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only common thing with all the models affected, is the firmware, it is the same and some have issues with Xbox one X. Others have worked around it by turning off Freesync.

But Freesync is why most bought the TVs.

Here is some links related to this prolem posted elsewhere.

I am sure that if you do more searches for this problem on youtube you will find some.

Matches my problem with Q6FN QLED TV's (Firmware is the same from NU7400-NU9000-Q6F-Q9F) https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/55-Q6FN-Reboot-Only-With-Xbox-One-X/m-p/1205112#M27699

Q9FN having issues with Xbox One X restarting (Q7-Q9 QLED TV have a One connect Box) https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Q9FN-random-reboot/td-p/1163027 https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Q9FN-random-reboot/m-p/1163027#M26986

NU8000 having issues with Xbox One X restarting https://www.reddit.com/r/4kTV/comments/9z3je1/samsung_nu8000_constantly_rebooting_with_xbox_one/

Q6-Q9 having issues with restarting some have issues with Xbox One X restarting (most have solved it with a different optical cable to One connect box) https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Samsung-QLED-TV-Turning-Off-and-On-by-itself-remo...