cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFcNc5MoZHI
Asteroid

Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My one month old QLED QN65Q7 TV started turning itself off and back on over and over again. The remote keeps losign pair and most of the time non-responsive. Samsugn Tech support has tried a few fixes but none has helped so far. Anybody else experiencing this with the QLED TVs? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your television is powering off/on all on it's own, and the remote is not responding, there are a few steps to test.

First, test unplugging the television for about 5 min. Power it back on and test for the same powercycle. 

Second, if this doesn't affect anything and the unit is plugged into a surge protector; test plugging the unit into the wall directly. Test for the same powercycle.

Next, test powering on the TV without the One Connect Box connected. (If the TV does not powercycle without the OCB connected, then a new OCB box would be needed. For some 2018 models, the OCB cable is replaced rather than the box itself.)

If none of the above steps are successful, then repairs are recommended. 

To look into getting a new OCB/Cable or to set up repairs, you can message any of the mods directly at the below links with the below information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone NumberSmiley SadIf Available)
Place of Purchase:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Send a message to Cole: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH
Send a message to Jam:  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97
Send a message to Gill: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1
Send a message to Michelle: http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

358 REPLIES 358
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you know if they tried a service reset during any of your calls?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRAafZelNXQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still needing assistance with the television? 

userqhpA3os2vm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OH GREAT!  I just purchased the 75" QLED and it started turning on and off after 1 month of ownership. Not even paid off yet and problems already! After reading all the issues with Samsung products it looks like the company is going down the toilet . Make things right with your customers who have spent THOUSANDS on your products Samsung !!!!!!!!!! 

Deke55
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Make sure HDR is off on all inputs.
userjbWSHSaVQE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Return Samsung TVs as quickly as you can, they look good but fail at everything else! I've replace 2 TVs now!

user6oWyTDQJSP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem with 75" Samsung - 75" Class - LED - Q7F Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR, support wants a serial number but one on box is one digit to short. Gimme a break! I'm going to have to pay someone to unmount this beast just to find a complete sernum, and this thing is only 7 months old.

userHLHJBzCTg9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can get the serial number from the TV using the menu (might be under support, look for ABOUT TV).  The rep did not know this, and kept asking me to break my neck looking at the back of the mounted TV Smiley Tongue

STILL NO PART.  Granted it's only been a week, but the support guy couldn't even talk to the parts guy to see if it's been shipped (no tracking number still).

This is rediculous.    New egg won't take the TV back because I recycled the box already (it worked for a full week brand new, yay)

usernyV5N8Nkxz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just came to report a very similar issue on my QE75Q9FN.

Just set it up, the firts time it got to the hgome screen, a few seconds later I get a black screen with a picture of the One Connect Box, and the tv on it, with a red X on the cable that connects them.  A few seconds later the tv reboots and goes into an endless bootloop where it boots up, gets to the home screen, 30 seconds or so later it reboots and does it all again.  The only time I see the picture with the X on the cable is the first time it goes to the home screen after a factory reset, after that its just endless bootloops with no other indications of issues.

I conclude that like the rest of you, right out of the box, I have a £6000 tv with a faulty cable that connects the One Connect Box to the tv.

Knowing samsung I will now spend days sending emails, they will insist on sending an engineer out, and end end result will be days of lost time for me, cost to samsung for sending an engineer for no reason, and the conclusion will be a replacement cable will have solved it straight away.  If they have any sense at all they will just get the replacement cable out to me ASAP and the issue is then dealt with (but I am not holding my breath)!