cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. Honestly, you can dispose of the remote if you would like. We do not accept returns on No Charge Parts. However, I did notice that your unit is still under the manufacturer's warranty if you would like for us to send a tech out to take a look at the unit. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

user7T0TCTX0Mz
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issues with this TV: 65" Class Q7FN QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2018) QN65Q7FNAFXZA
My TV never even worked straight out of the box and I’ve never been more disappointed in a TV or a Customer Service experience in my life. Just bought this TV brand new from http://Samsung.com and it would just continue to power on and off on its own and wouldn’t connect to the internet or cable even though all other TVs in the house were able to connect. Called Customer Service first and they said they couldn’t do anything for me without the Serial Number which is impossible to get without taking the mount completely off the TV and was unable to do it at that time since the cable company was out here setting everything up. Then called back in with my case number and the next agent told me that I would have to email them a copy of my receipt and it would take another 2 business days before somebody would contact me about seeing what needed to be done. I can see why people don’t buy direct now. I missed work today because of this and can’t believe that after buying a $2,600 TV I can’t get any better support and service.

Highlighted
userBjRHdVLRI6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.   Having same problem with tv cycling on/ off.   Tech indicated it was a remote control problem but it may be fiber.   Very similar to others on this forum with purchase early Dec 2017.   

Here is my transaction number with Samsung tech team 

Any help greatly appreciated, very difficult to enjoy tv. 

userAyFvZmrvUs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having that exact issue.  1st worked with Geek technician who had us update the firmware.

We had the problems with the remote that have been noted in previous posts.  Received a new remote

but still had to "RE-PAIR" it off and on.

We had the black screen, re-boot, QLed message, lines of different colors.  

When your's resets do you lose volume occasionally too?

Geeks came out and replaced a part but it started doing the exact same glitchy screens.

Next step was to replace the entire panel. Waited 2 weeks for a new panel to arrive and sadly it was damaged so we are now waiting for another panel, and the way they are shipped it will be another 2 weeks.  Praying that corrects the issue.  When the Geeks from Best Buy come out I will mention the optic cable noted in previous posts.

Very sad,  We purchased the tv 7/7/17 and it worked for a few months and now all these issues.  We cannot watch Netflix because when the re-boot occurs it goes back to regular television.

userw9t4ANEzz1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try replacing the remote batteries, then using the "back" and "play/pause" to reconnect the remote to the tv          (which has to be done fairly close to sensor to be able to connect). What i thinks happening is the batteries may have been replaced/bumped/whatever, causing the auto connect function on smart tvs to consistently search for a new remote and in the proccess, shutsdown and powers back up instantly in an automated attempt to reconnect the "lost" remote. in short follow this...

--- Turn TV off by holding the power button

--- As TV turns on, reconnect remote (Aim remote 12inches from screen as it turns on, and hold both the back and pause/play button 

---keep holding until the final message @ the top of the screen says "Smart Remote Connected"

after these few/easy steps you should have full control again and be able to press and use all buttons as should be normal. This fixed both my inablity to control the tv whatsoever and also stopped the recurring power up/ power down issue.

Hopefully your tv is as simple as this! i sat on phone for 3 hours looking for my proof of purchase just for some info i found in the book anyways. literally a two second/ unthought of fix...huh...enjoy watching your telly again!

useriwQUhzGilH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Curious if you ever got a fix on your Samsung TV...  having this same issue, tech just came and replaced two circuit boards on the TV now says he needs to order a new panel for me.  TV only stays on for about 30 seconds before rebooting 

useriwQUhzGilH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

having the same problem here.  I read on this forum that the fiber optic cable that connects the TV to the one connect box is the cause of it.  Have you tried that yet?  I am waiting on the samsung technician to bring me a new one..

user5eqwSlpMwY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happening to mine and samsung tech are the most uncooperative and unfriendly group of people.

The TV shuts down every 5 mins or so and then restarts... loses connection with the remote and then freezes

This is a bad product. 

Samsung support center said they will send someone from virginia electronic to fix it on Friday between 1-6pm est. No one showed up and virginia electronic reps are rude.

Feels like a reap off from samsung. Its been more than 16 days since a ticket/claim was opened for this issue and there has been no resolution

Model: QN55Q7FAMFXZA
Serial:

userymbU7HMNXG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@user5eqwSlpMwY wrote:

Same thing happening to mine and samsung tech are the most uncooperative and unfriendly group of people.

The TV shuts down every 5 mins or so and then restarts... loses connection with the remote and then freezes

This is a bad product. 

Samsung support center said they will send someone from virginia electronic to fix it on Friday between 1-6pm est. No one showed up and virginia electronic reps are rude.

Feels like a reap off from samsung. Its been more than 16 days since a ticket/claim was opened for this issue and there has been no resolution

Model: QN55Q7FAMFXZA
Serial: 

It’s not a bad product it’s just a defective cable and I’m glad I didn’t experience any rude Samsung representatives or else that would have really put me on the edge of returning it. When I called Samsung they told me about unplugging the tv for a minute and then doing a software reset on the tv. And they said if the issue happens again to call them back which I did the next day. Then they said that the issue is a defective OneConnect box and that they were going to send me a new one. A week later I recieved it and replaced my old OneConnect box with the new one. TV was still experiencing the issue of it turning off and on by itself and the remote not working. For whatever reason I decided to replace the fiber cable and every since i replaced it my tv hasn’t had the issue. Also for whatever reason my remote didn’t work with the new OneConnect box so I replaced it with the old one and it works perfectly. 

user5eqwSlpMwY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Virginia Electronics never showed up on Friday. I called them and so did samsung rep that put me onhold to reach out to them.

Monday nobody called from samsung or virginia electronics  but i decided to call samsung at 4 pm and was on the phone with a rep for over 40 mins and the rep created another ticket and assured me that virginia electronic will show up by wednesday. He did create another ticket for me and you know what virginia electronics cancelled the ticket by 6pm (2hour later). Its been about a month since i first reported this issue to samsung and it has never been addressed. Why does samsung work with companies that do not care about its customers? Why would you stick with a company that never keeps appointments, has rude reps etc

How do i get this TV fixed? how do i get a refund? this is a bad product. Very bad product.

I did plug the oneconnect directly into a socket outlet and that did not resolve the issue. I really do know whatelse to do. I need a refund someone please give me info on how i get a refund for this..