cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
also waiting on a new fiber optic cable that I requested after reading this forum, the technician is completely unaware. they replace boards and order panels. might as well give me a new TV... the thing about technicians (as i work in customer support) is that the company, the technicians, and the technical support department never communicate, the technicians just figure things out on their own. not the employees fault, it is the company. I would suggest terminating samsung... from your home. these fiber optic cables are $200BTW, not exactly going to just run down to best buy and pick one up next time this happens. Going to call best buy and figure out what i can do about replacing this trash
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriwQUhzGilH wrote:
also waiting on a new fiber optic cable that I requested after reading this forum, the technician is completely unaware. they replace boards and order panels. might as well give me a new TV... the thing about technicians (as i work in customer support) is that the company, the technicians, and the technical support department never communicate, the technicians just figure things out on their own. not the employees fault, it is the company. I would suggest terminating samsung... from your home. these fiber optic cables are $200BTW, not exactly going to just run down to best buy and pick one up next time this happens. Going to call best buy and figure out what i can do about replacing this trash

Oh awesome! Well if after my tv warranty is up and the cable goes defective again Samsung better acknowledge an issue with them and just keep on replacing them for free or else they can expect a small class action against them. This seems to be an issue that a lot of owners (if not all) of this particular TVs are experiencing.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. I'm returning my Q6F, 55inch which I paid 999.00, tomorrow. After hearing these problem I am OUT. Plus the problem I'm experiencing is after I turn off the TV it will turn on and ideal mode or the Samsung logo move across the screen. Awe come on Samsung, if I turn off my TV it must STAY OFF until I turn it on again, AND it's a waste of electricity. ... I was gone all week and I get home and I see the freaking TV on with Samsung idling across the screen and I thought WHAT but I turned off the TV before I left. Packaging up your defective electronics. Good thing I still have a week to return it for a full refund than to be stiffed with bad product. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had our QN55Q6FAMF TV for less than a week.  We set it up on Thursday, 2/22/18, by Saturday it was randomly coming back on.  I think the best solution is to just return the TV to BestBuy.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a good replacement?   We won’t buy another Samsung at this point.  

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a QN65Q7F on February 18 and have experienced the off and on problem twice now.  The tv is not even two weeks old.  Last time it happened, I  actually noticed something really weird, right when the power went off, i saw a bunch of differently colored led's in the center of the screen, right in the center and measuring about 2 feet by 2 feet square. The tv turned off and on as how it does when I pull the power cord, not just a power on and off..  I was watching broadcast tv with just an antenna for tv signal so no other source was involved.  I had a KS8000 series for the past 18 months and it was awesome but this tv has really got me worried.  Please help..

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm dealing with you already on another thread with black screen with sound issue. This may somehow be related to it.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having this issue with QN65Q7FAM.  I've had it for a few months now, wonderful TV, no problems until this.

Connected to it is:

- Samsung sound bar w/ satellite speakers (HW-KM57C)

- Samsung DVD player (BD-C5500)

- Xfinity DVR (XG1-A)

- Wii U

- Harmony 650 remote

All A/V is connected via HDMI, no optical.

When it glitches:

1. TV goes black for a few seconds

2. "QLED" logo comes up in white, for a couple of seconds

3. TV returns, menu showing

4. My samsung.com account name appears in the upper left of the TV

5. Menu disappears

6. Regular viewing resumes until the next unpredictable reboot; anywhere between 1 minute and an hour, or more.

Thanks,

jyg

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As mentioned earlier its the optic fiber cable connecting the one connect and the TV. TV works fine when you replace the cable. It has got nothing to do with the board, one connect or the TV. The optic fiber cable is defective.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMpeEOBtB8g wrote:

As mentioned earlier its the optic fiber cable connecting the one connect and the TV. TV works fine when you replace the cable. It has got nothing to do with the board, one connect or the TV. The optic fiber cable is defective.

Except I'm not using a optic cable and still having this issue.  If the issue doesn't return for you, I'd be surprised.

jyg