cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! Send me a private message here:  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue, tv keeps turning off and on. I have unplugged for 5 minutes and was hoping that was the fix but after a few minutes it turned off and on. I just unplugged from the surge protector and straight to an outlet and within a minute it again turned off and on. What is the next step to try and fix before I go buy a new tv?  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems you have tried the relevant troubleshooting this will require service, depending on the warranty of the unit you do have a couple of options.

If the unit is in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you.

Or if your unit is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a 55" 8 Series (UN55KS8000FXZA) and within 6 months of having the television, I started experiencing the same thing. I thought it was due to the external components being connected to the OneConnect box and the TV acciendtly receiving a signal from an external component but, even with other components unplugged, the TV would still randomly turn on/ off. The remote would also seem to lose its signal and would be unresponsive to the TV. Now, its been about a year into ownership and the TV has lost video signal/ picture signal. Just this morning, the picture went out and the TV seems to be trying to turn on but then, immediately shuts off. I can see the backlight(s) turn on but soon after, the TV just shuts off. It tries to power back on, backlights turn on, TV shuts off. Same cycle over and over. Customer service said that it is the One Conncect Box and that it needs to be replaced. Well, my TV just went out of warranty and now I am S.O.L. I cant believe that in ONE year's time of owning the TV, I am having issues with the television. I initally bought this TV (over a Sony) simply because I believed in the quality of Samsung products.  But like I said, it all started with the TV randomly turning off/ on and not responding the remote. 

There has been no power surges in my area, firmware is up-to-date, and my television is not constantly on. I couldn't imagine that it would be due to wear and tear taking effect so soon. Also, if I am on extended leave, I unplug the TV and components from the wall outlet(s) so that they dont continue to drain power. The television is wall mounted on an extending arm so, its not right against the wall. It has pretty good air flow around the unit.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userIATxRwmagJ.  I would like to see what I may be able to do here.  Could you provide your serial number via a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the assitance and support of the Samsung team. You all have been very helpful without hassle, very quick to respond, and offer a viable solution to my problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 5 mth old QLed 65 is turning on by itself....at first I thought i was losing my mind forgetting to shut off the TV...I came down from overnight to find it on. I came home in the afternoon to find it turned on.....what can I do about this problem??????

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone confirm if this issue is being investigated by Samsung and if a fix is coming in Firmware update?  how can an optical cable go bad just like that?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Amazon has great reviews of this TV thinking of buying the UN65MU8500 should I hold off? is it just the QLEDs with the issue?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your television is powering off/on all on it's own, and the remote is not responding, there are a few steps to test.

First, test unplugging the television for about 5 min. Power it back on and test for the same powercycle. 

Second, if this doesn't affect anything and the unit is plugged into a surge protector; test plugging the unit into the wall directly. Test for the same powercycle.

Next, test powering on the TV without the One Connect Box connected. (If the TV does not powercycle without the OCB connected, then a new OCB box would be needed. For some 2018 models, the OCB cable is replaced rather than the box itself.)

If none of the above steps are successful, then repairs are recommended. 

To look into getting a new OCB/Cable or to set up repairs, you can message any of the mods directly at the below links with the below information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone NumberSmiley SadIf Available)
Place of Purchase:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Send a message to Cole: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH
Send a message to Jam:  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97
Send a message to Gill: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1
Send a message to Michelle: http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post