cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turn your “Back Light” down to 40%. See if that fixes the problem. Worked for me.

Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for replying. I haven’t had any issues so far. It seems to happen with certain shows (Jessica Jones) as far as i could tell. I’ll try your advise and keep you posted. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue. I played around in the settings and discovered the Back Light setting was maxed out, ”50”. I turned it down to “40” and haven’t had the problem since even when trying to recreate the problem. Weird!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung QLED, which was bought less than a year ago, started out with the screen going black periodically, now it keeps turning itself off, and I’m unable to use the Samsung remote to do anything

😡

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userypCm88ekdF, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a private message with your model and the serial number to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i purchase a 82" Qled a few days ago had the same problem turning on and off by itself went through all their diagnostics that didnt solve anything finally they gave me the number to a repair technician in my area talking to him found out it was my sound bar that was turning everything on by itself unpluged the hdmi and used the optical cable by itself and wala issue fixed hope this helps 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

Just bought 2018 Q7 55inch only a few weeks ago - Left store 5pm AEST Sat 27th Oct 2018  [19 days ago].

I'm based in Brisbane, Australia - Bought TV from JBhifi in Carindale.

Background:

Followed the setup manual to-a-tee. Already knew there was a fibre optic cable involved so I handled it with EXTREME care!

Certainly more carefully than I imagine the average joe-blow would!

Setup went fine. Watched Blurays, netflix and free-to-air channels with no issues!

No issues, at all for almost a solid week or so to begin with!

After a week or so the TV did an unexpected channel change from a Blu-ray to Free-to-air TV channel - which was odd.  We wrote it off as a once off thing. Changed back to movie.

Problem:

Then.... beginning around about 13 days after purchase and setup... it really began. As you've all been describing:

1.  Sudden black screen (Restart/crash)
  2. Samsung logo appears.
    a) Either TV restarts to same menu after 5-15secs (eg. if in ambient mode it returns to ambient)
    b) or... Black screen remains, remote does nothing, IR sensor lights on TV and remote flashing constantly.
    c) or... it stays black and I can hear a dull (very quiet) ticking coming from connect box on 1 sec repeat. Unplugging power stops this.
    d) or... it will stay black, the remote does nothing, but I'll here a single dull (very quiet) tick come from the connect box and after this; and from enough crash/restarts; I know I'll be able to turn the TV on again with the remote no trouble... 
  3. But of course, then it will begin "crashing/restarting" regularly (every 30secs to a minute - or even up to 5mins)
  4. [Occasionally] TV works fine for half-hour to an hour or so before eventually going into crash/restart cycle again!
  5. After personally turning it off using the remote and giving up, often the TV will turn itself back on!
  6. We have not been able to watch TV like this obviously - the product does not do what we purchased it to do... so now it sits there unplugged from the wall... and like everyone here... WE ARE FRUSTRATED.

I have also observed when it restarts into ambient mode, that for up to a minute the visuals will lag or struggle to playback in real-time. It is like the cpu is struggling to keep the framerate up... then eventually the visuals play back smoothly... but then the dreaded "crash/restart" will occur anyway...

Solutions I've so far Tried:

So far I have tried everything suggested on this forum and more:

• Tried Factory Reset.
  • Disconnect from Network/Wifi.
  • Tried different Frequency Wifi channels (2.4 and 5Ghz)
  • Tried our other older Wifi/Router to see if it was a trigger.
  • Turned of all other devices that may be interfering - Microwaves, Wifi Routers, Other external connected devices.
  • Ensured "HDMI UHD Color" feature is off in (Settings > General > External Device Manager)
  • Disconnecting all cables from external devices from connect Box.
  • Reseated the fibre-optic connection to the back of the TV.
  • The temp in our lounge never goes over 25 degrees C.
  • The TV and connect box never feels hot. (TV is never on long enough to heat up! lol...)
  • This issue does not seem to be affected by time of day. Issue occurs at anytime and all the time and then sometimes not for a half hour or evben hour (But thats rare).
  • Taking batteries out of remote in case it was sending un-initiated signals. No change.
  • Unpaired and re-paired remote. No change - restarts continue.

There are other combinations I've tried but honestly I've lost track.

So today I am finally contacting Samsung and will let you know what happens.

Underlying Fear:

I think it goes without saying that we're all scared this will become an expensive, ongoing problem for owners who have already paid for an expensive TV and in the mean-time wait days, weeks or months simply to watch TV on what was meant to a be a Premium Flagship product.  And then potentially when things seem fixed after waiting days, weeks or months for a fix or ongoing fixes... (currently hearing mainly they replace Connect box or the fibre-op Cable)... our warranties will run out... and then it will happen AGAIN.

So this seems to me, already to be a pretty major stuff up for a company like Samsung - and I think some seriously careful customer care and compensation needs to occur for this to not turn ugly (ie. class action or ACCC involvement) and I am the last one who wants to go down that path.

Will let you know how I get on people.

Cheers,

Brett.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: As mentioned I contacted Samsung.

I described the issue and they immediately  told me they will send a new Fibre-optic cable as the problems described indicate this is the solution. They said 3 days to issue a new cable. Please register and also send a photo to partsfoc@samsung.com

I asked why this problem would start happening after a couple weeks? Won't sending me a new cable simply reset this problem for a short amount of time before it occurs again?

They said the cable will fix the issue.

Not sure if this is a "better" version of the connect cable or just a new cable (and my first one was just faulty...)

So waiting for new cable to arrive.

Cheers,

Brett

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did it work?  I just bought the Q9FN and am having the exact same issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where did everyone get the idea that One connect cable is optical? It is NOT optical. First and foremost, optical cables do not carry electricity, and TVs still run on electricity in 2018. And second, if anyone looks at the plug they will see there is no optical path, just electrical prongs inside.