cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n0k0m
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still working with the new one connect box, Hurray!. I have some strange flashing graphic error (red stripes, black screen for a blink, green screen etc.), but at least it is not restarting and that is all i care about after 1 year of frustration and 2 samsung TVs. The box gets very hot now (hurts to touch). TV's brigthness is also mediocre at highest setting. Guess it is the best you can get from Samsung with premium TVs. Lets hope it lasts until real hdmi 2.1 comes out and i can toss it out of the window and i don't have to stick to my 27 inch kitchen TV in the meantime (like i did for months when it was under repair).

Highlighted
userBjRHdVLRI6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It probably took a long time to get to this point, but do suggest you change to another new box and cable.   This exact thing happened for me as well and never cleared up and slowly got worse.  

Good luck

usernyV5N8Nkxz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So samsung agreed to send me a new cable for my QE75Q9FN.  At some point in the next few weeks!!  They have said the cables are not available yet so they can't send me one.  They have refused to simply take one out of the box from another set.  They have said the cables will be available "early june".

Good company this.  Someone spends £6000 on your top of the range tv, it's faulty on delivery, and you insist on them sitting there staring at a brick wall, unable to use it at all, due to the cable "not being available yet" (which just baffles me, if the cables are not available, how do they get into the boxes of the new sets? magic?), all instead of taking one out of a box and havig it couriered to me.  Pretty obvious where their priorities lie, they wont potentially sacrifice a new sale but removing the cable from one of the boxes, instead they screw over an existing customer and leave them sitting there for weeks with an unusable tv.

I will be sure to recommend samsung to everyone I know. Not.

So my advice to anyone with this sort of issue, just get the thing refunded or they will mess you about for weeks.

user0dHbnIj7yL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can say without any doubts that a new fiber optic cable fixes the turning on n off and the remote not available message. I bought a cable from Amazon and received a used bad cable that some meathead returned n Amazon resold. I had a suspicion about that cable since it did not come in OEM packaging. I returned that, got my refund, and ordered a new cable from ABT Electronics. New cable arrived today in OEM Samsung packaging. It has a much thicker white jacket and a lable of the company who made it as well as a date code which is Dec 2017. Plugged it in, plugged the TV back into the AC Mains, and the TV came to life and went thru it's boot up then had a message on the display about the remote paired sucessfully and all is good now.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useri93Pm8YeLJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's the model # of the cable you ordered from ABT? I got this Q7F TV today...it runs fine in demo mode when you plug it in, but one you go through the setup process, it entere eternal reboot mode after setup is compete.

What garbage.

userBjRHdVLRI6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try to take it back while you still can.   You should not have to deal with that

userko5B3vXABI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So got bit by this today. Tries updating the firmware but it didnt help. If i leave it off for awhile it works for a while, but comes back.

Opened a ticket with support requesting a new cable. Is there anything specific I need to say? I'd like not to have to wait for weeks or spent my own $200 for a new cable.

Thanks!
userko5B3vXABI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung support called me this morning. I explained the situation and they are sending me a one connect replacement box, which should come with the cable.

May take five days to be delivered after it ships. and now we wait.
useriuaFgLemYL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My initial post was removed for some reason... May be because I mentioned where I purchased the TV?

Anyway, on 7/14/18 my QN65Q7F kept shutting off and restarting. Remote would need to be re-paired to the TV, and in minutes the TV would shut down and start all over. Called customer support, and had a very quick response. They had me unplug the Connect One cord from the box, and watch for the animation on screen. The TV stayed on for more than 15 minutes, without shutting down. So, customer support sent me a new Connect One box and cord. Received it 7/19/18, plugged it in, and has been working without issue every since. 

Great TV, and great customer support. 

Hope this helps rebuild your confidence if you own one of these TV's.