cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted on the repair.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBop6vMf9jD
Astronaut

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this happening with 2018 qleds? I have just bought a q9 panel in the U.K. my tv is less than 3 weeks old and has already turned itself off a few times causing concerns.  Unsure whether to return the tv or not? Don’t want the worry as it cost me £2500.  

userKY5hxFGC7N
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a 2018 65” Q8fn. The first day it shut off by itself. I just powered it back on. It did that a few times over a 2 day period. I researched the problem and saw a post that they fixed the problem with the newest update 1103. It worked fine until yesterday ( a week later) until it turned off by itself last night. I’m seriously thinking of returning this tv which is unfortunate because I’ve been a die hard Samsung fan for years and have owned 4 tv’s. The 2018 doesn’t come with a one connect box. At least mine didn’t, so there goes the fiber optic cable theory for me. I’m holding out as long as I can but it keeps turning itself off it is going back while I have the chance.

user88Pz4uKZHc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in the same boat. Did you find a fix?

userNzySfcIGpd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also in the UK no forum there that I can see.

Whatever you do get it sorted within the 12 months as if, like I am, you are 4 weeks over it they dont give a $*** just been told to buy a new optical cable after describing the fault and what I had done.

They then said there is no recorded problem with these TV's (Q8C 2017)... yet when I described the steps I took he agreed it was most likely the cable - although I said One Connect box OR Cable.

Symptoms
- TV resets every minute or so, goes off, QLED logo back on varying times and sometimes can go hours without doing it or repeating every minute.
- Wifi lost and disconnects randomly - previously rock solid
- Smart Remote unpairs or fails to respond (rapid flashing LED) then sometimes does withou repairing - standard remote sluggish.

With TV reseting itself every 40-90 seconds, unplugged Optical Cable from One Connect - TV displays connection animation does not turn off for 10 minutes

Reconnect One connect - TV starts resetting as before.

Turn off TV using remote (still connected to One Connect) RED led at base of screen is on but flickers at similar intervals to when the TV would reset itself when on.

THIS IS an issue with the cable or One Connect - looking at images of the 2018 cable it looks heavier duty - is this a response to a problem they wont admit to?

userS4rCrQ3yda
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Itshappening with all samsung qled i have a q8fn no connect box and mine does it. Its going back today.

useruDxXYgwIc7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a Q7 and received it yesterday. Had this problem start happening right out of the box. Called customer service 3 times. After the 3rd time was redirected to the sales department and was told that since the tv is less than 24 hours old and that technical support is not able to come up with a solution to fix the problem I can go return the tv for a refund. This is frustrating though because I just spent a lot of money for this tv and for white glove delivery which set up the tv and hauled the packaging away so in order to return the tv I have to go buy a new tv box to ship it back to samsung if I want to return it. It seems like it's an ongoing problem that is not going to have a solution. It just sickens me. I've just wasted a lot of time and money including taking a day off of work waiting for the tv to be delivered and lots of time on the phone. Samsung support is not helpful and very reluctant to be of any help. I just kept getting told the was nothing they could do. They didn't even try to help. A brand new tv should not be having issues and if it does you would think a company as big as samsung would jump to make it right. 

Highlighted
timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just my 2 cents I have a 2017 QLED 55 inch since October 2017 never once have I had this issue. What I have is color or white flashes with TiVo Bolt and watching Blu ray movies with ps3.

userUlSKmFsjGx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worked for me too!!! Thank you!

jyg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What exactly worked for you? Are you referring to a suggestion in a previous post?

Thanks.