cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhhlJLVrMeW
Astronaut

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my 75 inch Q7F QLED back in august and it was working find until just a few days ago. It turns off and on automatically but wont even be on for a second. The screen is just blue. I called and they said its an issue with the one connect box and cable so they sent me out a new one. Sure enough, the same issue. This was not the fix. I called again and they got me in contact with a technician (not a samsung tech just a local TV shop). I told the tech the issue and he said it was the LED panel. He told samsung but of course this item was on back order. I assume because this is a major issue with their TV's and everyone has ordered a new panel. They advised they will now replaced my entire TV under the manufacturers warranty. I fear that after the warranty expires, this will hapen again and I'll be stuck with a $3500 TV on my wall that doesn't work. How can  Samsung continue to put out this product KNOWING that there are major flaws. This needs to be fixed or I will never purchase another Samsung product again and my entire home has Samsung products from the Kitchen to TV's. PLEASE HELP!!!!

userEWxaZ8MPHP
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too. Has started in the last few days, randomly turning on early hours of the morning and now randomly turning off/on. I have a Q8fn 65".

Can a Samsung Rep please assist?

Thnx

Dean

Highlighted
Wade W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brand new Q9 65".  First 24 hours seemed fine.  TV now keeps turning on after I turn it off.  Happens within a few minutes each time.  I disconnected ALL connections to the OneConnect box (the only thing connected is the cable to the TV and the Power Cord), and it still does it.  Anywhere Net turned off.  TV says it has the latest software version.  On a Uverse Wi-Fi.  What the...???

Wade W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still having the issue.  First, it will turn off / on while I'm watching it.  Second, it will not stay off!  It turns itself back on within a few minutes of turning it off.  I've disconnected all HDMI connections - there are no connections to the OneConnect box.  I've turned off HDMI CEC.  I've also turned off the network connection.  It will NOT stay off unless I physically unplug it, and it will not stop cycling the power.  It's got the latest software version as well.  Brand new TV, and I'm out of options.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

userYCgyNKZxLJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anybody who has had their one coonect box\cable replaced to correct the on\off cycling issue had the issue return?  

Have you had to have the One coonect box or cable replaced multiple times?

userwLeXinrf3R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my 2018 75" Q7FN. I bought it before Christmas when it was on sale. Kept it in the box until I moved into my new house the first week of February. Had it installed into a very large custom-designed bookcase in the living room. Right out of the box it would turn on and off every 15-20 seconds. It has never worked correctly and was never on long enough to connect to the internet or watch anything. Samsung support has been very disappointing. Here are some details:

I called Samsung tech support on 2/4 to report that it was not working. They said they would send a technician to look at it. A few days later I received an automated call saying a technician would be at my house between 9am and 5pm the next day. (That's a huge time window!) I scrambled to get the day off from work. At 10am that morning the technician called to say that he had cancelled my service appointment becasue it needed a replacement part. (How did they know what part was needed without looking at the TV?) He said he would call me when the part arrived.

After a few days of no calls from the technician, I called Samsung. I asked how long I would have to wait for the replacement part and they told me that the replacement part is backordered with no esimated arrival date. (When were they going to call me to tell me this?!?) I asked them to replace the TV, which they finally agreed to do. They told me they would send a new Q7FN TV soon.

After waiting several more days, I called Samsung to ask what was going on. They said it was in process and not to call again for 5 working days. After 5 working days without an update, I called again. This time I was forwarded to the exchange department (or something like that). The woman on the phone was more knowledgeable and easier to understand (most of the regular service people have strong accents and are dificult to communicate with). She said they could send me the 2019 Q70R, which is a newer model. I agreed and she said it would take 2 or 3 days to process the exchange. After 3 days I called to ask about the status and they said it would take 2 more days. What the heck is Samsung doing? After 2 more days I called to ask about the status. They said that I shold here from the shipping company soon to schedule the delivery.

While waiting for my replacement TV, I was reading about the 2019 Q70R. I noticed that it did not list compatibility with the no gap wall mount, which is critical for my installation in the custom bookshelf. My defective 2018 Q7FN is hung with the no gap wall mount and I want to hang the new TV on the same wall mount. I called Samsung to ask about Q70R and the no gap wall mount. The guy on the phone did not userstand me and told me it comes with a regular stand. Eventually he understood that I was asking about the wall mount. He put me on hold to speak to his manager and they assured me that the Q70R DOES use the no gap wall mount. However, this guy didn't seem to know the product too well and I was not reassured.

So, I have several questions. (1) What the heck is wrong with Samsung support? The people on the phone are hard to understand, don't know much about Samsung products, and don't seem to have any knoweledge about the return/exchange process. I've been trying to get a replacement TV for 3 weeks. (2) When will my new TV arrive? Samsung seems unable to give me a date. (3) Does the Q70R use the no gap wall mount? (4) If the Q70R arrives and it does not use the no gap wall mount, can I return it for a TV that does?

Very frustrated with Samsung. I'm almost at the point of asking for a refund so I can just order an LG OLED instead. The only thing stopping me right now is the additional damage that wil be done to my custom bookshelf by installing another tv wallmount.

userYfTNsKOWtd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have QN65Q7FNA <edit> and keeps turning on and off constantly.  After reading this post it seems that nothing works. Unit was bought at Brandsmart on January 2019...

KyleT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungCole, I am unable to send you a message directly.  Is there another link that works?  If I click the link you sent it simply brings me to a private message page but no dialogue box opens and your name is nowhere to be found.

I have spoken to Samsung support multiple times, but they seem unfamiliar with this issue and are having trouble understanding what is happening (it's the same issue the above user was having). 

Any information would be great Smiley Happy

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can send a message directly to this link: http://bit.ly/2LSliR1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.