cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereAPhwPxcqV
Asteroid

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is not fixed. Be ware of the stalling tactic - they try to ware you down and ultimately promise a service call. I have read in several places on the web that the fix that the service folks make doesn't work and they have to start all over again with the support nightmare call system. Support does not respond and when they do it takes weeks to come to your house -in my case they never actually made it. When you buy something this expensive, they should send you a new one. My TV hasn't worked in over a month. I have made 14 calls to Samsung and scheduled 2 appointments under different cases for this problem and the service person did not show up. Support in the Philippines promised 3 times to call me, we set up a time and they never called. I have recorded each call and I am preparing a small video to post on the web so consumers are wise to this company's practice of not standing behind their products. Please send any clips or recordings you have to stuart@elimac.net. I will edit and add them to the video I am making. When I am done I will let you know and we can post this together on FB, Twitter, etc. Also, if you are unlucky enough to be in the hospital, make sure that you check to see if a doc relied on an image created by Samsung. I found a huge error in their software which is not surprising considering BIXBY ;-). Lets hold them accountable!!!
userP2IWF1G2zu
Astronaut

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turns Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Q7 75 inch has had the same issue after 5 months of owning it. Samsung replaced the box yet the problem persists. They are going to send me a new controller and its been three weeks and in the mean time I can't use my TV.

userQBpNt1Wxak
Astronaut

Samsung 55 inch QED TV 10 months old

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shuts off and then resumes whether watching regular programs or a DVD.  Have had this problem in the past, but I forgot how it was resolved.

Will try and call Samsung Customer Service Monday and hopefully it can be solved.  I haven't even had my 55 inch Samsung QED TV for one year.  I am very dis-appointed with Samsung as I previously owned a Samsung 55 inch and never had a problem for a number of years.

usereL8eRGE0BF
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung 55 inch QED TV 10 months old

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will the next Firmware release fix this problem? 

usereAPhwPxcqV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

his is not fixed. Be ware of the stalling tactic - they try to ware you down and ultimately promise a service call. I have read in several places on the web that the fix that the service folks make doesn't work and they have to start all over again with the support nightmare call system. Support does not respond and when they do it takes weeks to come to your house -in my case they never actually made it. When you buy something this expensive, they should send you a new one. My TV hasn't worked in over a month. I have made 14 calls to Samsung and scheduled 2 appointments under different cases for this problem and the service person did not show up. Support in the Philippines promised 3 times to call me, we set up a time and they never called. I have recorded each call and I am preparing a small video to post on the web so consumers are wise to this company's practice of not standing behind their products. Please send any clips or recordings you have to <hidden>. I will edit and add them to the video I am making. When I am done I will let you know and we can post this together on FB, Twitter, etc. Also, if you are unlucky enough to be in the hospital, make sure that you check to see if a doc relied on an image created by Samsung. I found a huge error in their software which is not surprising considering BIXBY ;-). Lets hold them accountable!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this link out. It should help.

userUfvgB00s8Q
Astronaut

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yup me too, got a brand new QN65"Q8FNB  spent $3000, turns off then on all by itself, very irritating when your watching tv, it takes like 20 seconds to reboot. Luckily, from experience I purchased extra 3 year warranty from the Best Buy dealer, although I have not notified dealer or samsung yet. I will try killing the power and starting up again, but if this is happening to other people, I dont want to be rebooting the screen every so often, I loose my screen settings that I like to personalize.  It is unnacceptable.

AMEDDDoc
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its a software problem, Samsung is currently testing out a firmware fix and should be releasing it soon. It seems to be related to FALD and we should not have to deal with it much longer.

Unfortunate but part of being an early adopter of a brand new TV set.

n0k0m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My QE49Q7FAM is not a backlit TV, so it can not be a FALD problem. I peeled off the sceen protecting layer yesterday and the TV already started to turn on an off every 10 seconds. Got it as a replacement for my UE49KS7000 (KS8000 in the US) which has been repaired twice because the leds burnt through the bottom of the screen after ~1500 hrs of use. I can't even write down how i feel right now...

AMEDDDoc
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yours, I don't know, I was referring to the 2018 Q8 and Q9s. You could try to get through to the next level of tech support and hopefully reach one of the QA Engineers and see if there is an issue with your set.