cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQyQL4Yb8mx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same unbelievable issue and it started happening immediately after I finished registering on SmartThings. (First usage.)

The remote control doesn't work, except the 'turn off' button, which it works partially since the TV automatically restart. It doesn't last more than a few seconds.

Ultra useless TV. A lot of time waited.

userSg7YezLsMu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Q7 F, same problem! only 1 year and half old, started doing same problem as many others here.

asked Best Buy and geek squad for warranty.

they deside to repair, 2 month with out TV!! still wating!

They said Motherboard and pannel, Im affraid to have the same problem when warranty expire!! this will be my last SAMSUNG TV.

I took a Video to show the tech. watch here

https://youtu.be/2Dx3Fi0WPkc

userehgOczb3qC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got a Q7FN yesterday.  Set it up and was working great last night.

Totday I have the error screen on the TV showing a red exclamation mark in between the OCB and the TV.  Also the TV keeps turning on by iteself. None of the buttons on the remote work except the power button.

Called samsung support, they are sending me a new one connect cable.  They say it will take 15 business days to get the cable.

Interestingly enough after registering the TV online, it shows I only have warranty till May 2019.  Uploaded a picture of the receipt and now shows warranty under review.  Hopefully they will update the warranty start date so I am not out of warranty if the new cable does not work.

This TV replaced a B8500 TV from 2009 which had not given me any problems.  Sad to see the quality of flagship Samsung TVs dropped so much.

Highlighted
userpdyR1GjRjc
Constellation

Mines is doing this same

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mines is doing this same

user0NqB5GmFGu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung support team detected that it is the remote problem.

Since it is close to one and half year and the warranty is over.

The head of department Victor told me I need to buy a new remote myself. I spent top dollar over $3,000 for the the quality product, i believe.  And the manufactuer is not standing behin their quality. 

I do not believe it.

I hope their top managment can do something. He said he is the higest up, and sorry.

Beware, the product will only last for one year and you are on your own. 

I will ask my family and friend to think twice if they would like to purchase a new TV.  

userZ4tiEMrcoX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I was facing this issue since couple of months. Yesterday i have pressed power button hardly it turned off and its not powering on like earlier.

Please re-do the same . Hope it Helps!

Thanks

userENnybwcARo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So Samsung says the “rebooting” of some of their TVs is due to the TV detecting problem and attempting to fix it by rebooting. My 2010 Plasma started rebooting so often, I was afraid to try to update the software. In my situation there was no dust in the TV to speak of and all the capacitors looked fine. Software/firmware finally got updated to the latest. Another comment on another site said they checked all the ribbon connectors. Once the back panel was off, of the dozen or more ribbons, I found maybe two that were a bit loose and pushed them back in. Problem solved. Then I remembered what happened. Earlier that day I had the volume up to the max for the first time ever because there was so much noise outside from construction I could not hear the TV. The loudspeakers must have vibrated some connectors loose. Okums razor. I wonder how many people spent money only due to a loose connector.
usercFKzl32ZO4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem everyone else is describing. Q6F 65” less than 4 months old. Issue started happening maybe a month after I got it. I tried Samsung’s “solution” I read here in this post and it has not helped. The tv has been rebooting at least once a day. Software/firmware has been updated. Today it happened three times and I’ve finally had enough. Tired to request support through the setting of the tv but it failed multiple times. I normally wouldn’t post anything online but Samsung needs to acknowledge there is a known issue with one of their most expensive products.