cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raf1
Cosmic Ray

Re: 2018 Q9FN Completely Reboots 5 times within one hour

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. It's always the first thing I try when things start going bad..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for checking for us. Please send us a private message to the link. This concern may need a repair set up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJyEs8NXzwS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue on my 2018 Q9FN. Also seems to only happen when playing xbox 1 x.

Raf1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Out of curiosity, what firmware are you on and what kind of HDMI cable are you using?  I really haven't had issues until firmware 1260.8 and an HDMI cable I just picked up which was rated a HDMI 2.1 cable.  Could be coincidence but maybe not. Haven't touched my setup since I set everything up in January but did change the HDMI cable this Saturday and firmware was just update last week as well so that could also be the issue. 

user4IvrcSmezS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my 3 months old Q7FN. It is a bad unit? I am in the 1251 firmware.

Raf1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem turned out to be the HDMI cables that I recently purchased.  I thought I would be proactive and upgraded all my cables to HDMI 2.1 standards and after changing everything over, that's when my reboots started.  I never would have thought that HDMI cables would cause such an issue but I spent last weekend experimenting with a few different cables, including some other HDMI 2.1 ones that I got from Monoprice and sure enough, the first 2.1 cables I received were the cause of my reboots.  The 2.1 cables I got from Monoprice are working great and reboots have completely stopped.  I had previously been using ATEVON 2.0 HDMI cables that I purchased from Amazon and those cables were awesome and are still being used for some of my gear in my entertainment center. 

userwhRDo9BO75
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

It's not a hardware problem, it's a freesinch option.

There are more topics but Samsung does not respond!!!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Q9FN-random-reboot/m-p/1163027#M26986

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/55-Q6FN-Reboot-Only-With-Xbox-One-X/m-p/1205112#M27699

userPIud945Dd9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure if my situtaiion is related to the rebooting , but here it is . My Q9FN ( 9 month old ) wont power on all of the sudden . It worked fine almost daily since we bought it and suddenly wont power up. Tried powering from the remote, from the unit itself , disconnected from power for hours , nothing worked ! The only that happens is that I hear some faint clicking from the ONE CONNECT box, few clicks , then it stops  it is as if the unit is trying to reboot but something is preventing it . One Connect cable is not kincked bent or anything . Best I can get from Samsung was an apointment with their ONLY authorized service provider in the ENTIRE MIAMI FL area ! ( I find that shocking ) . That Tech service has already cancelled the first apopointment , lets see of they will honor the next appt. ( I have very little faith at this point given everything I am reading ) 

useruF39r7ZzBF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've same issue. 

Q7FN + xbox one x (with orginal hdmi cable form xbox)

Everything was fine for 4 months till firmware update in may. When tv is on game mode, it keeps crashing / restarting. Samsung already send me service, they change one connect cable and it solved issue for 1-2 months, but few days ago my tv again start restarting on game mode. 

Raf1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned freesync being the cause of the reboots but mine seemed to have completely stopped when I swapped to different HDMI cables.  I bought the monoprice 8k hdmi cables (hoping for eArc in a future update) and everything has been running without issues for the last month.  The only issue with those cables is they only come in 1.5 and 3 foot lenghts but in my setup that didn't much matter.  They're fairly cheap so if you have time, it's worth trying out.