cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkUSLpjRXDz
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue that the TV turn off for a second and back. 

Black Hole

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the firmware of the unit completely up to date? 

Nauticabri
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received my new one connect box today and all I did was disconnect the old one connect cord and replace it with the new and all issues are gone. So confirmed 100% the one connect cord is the issue. My concern is still this, the one connect cord seems to be the exact same as the original, not an upgraded replacement with thicker cord or anything so what's to say this does degrade and start doing this all over again in a few weeks or few months?

userBjRHdVLRI6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nauticabr

i  am also a consumer and share the same experience and concern. Seems this is a fiber optic cable where we as a consumer are not able to tell a bad cable from a good one.  Testing needs to be done on specialized equipment which is out of reach. 

It is a shame, Samsung engineering did not setup the design of the TV with a way to by pass the one connect cable (and box) so that it could still be used to watch programs.   Yes signal quality would more than likely suffer, but it would be far more tolerable.  

user2hKkDOsyXE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Although I have a different TV (LED UD65MU800D) I'll throw out this report on a problem that drove me crazy this afternoon regarding malfunctioning of the remote. I'm sorry if it does not apply to the problem stated in the thread but maybe the smart remote malfunctions for certain device setups.

My setup includes a connection from a DirecTV C71 4K Mini direct to HDMI 1 on the One Connect Box.  When I initially connected the 4K Mini the Detection/Setup process begins.  The DirecTV 4k Mini model was not detected so I accomplished a Manual setup.  This routine of making the remote control the DirecTV box requires inputs (Set Top Box, DirecTV, Zip, Test Channel Change, and finally selecting which DirecTV Box (simplified to Genie 1, 2, or 3, or Mini/Other).  I selected Mini/Other (thats what I have).

So after the setup everything seems fine for a few minutes and then we start seeing rapid fire random inputs causing menus, info, numbers, etc..  Its like someone is sitting on the remote and the DTV box is trying to keep up.  We did not see power turn off, but we did see source changes.  I unpowered every DTV remote we had, along with my Harmony but nothing helped.  I even swapped out the DTV Mini from another room but the problem was there still.  I did not think of the problem being the Samsung TV remote but that was the problem.  I found out because after pulling the HDMI connection and re-connecting the setup routine for the input started up again but I noticed during the repeat setup there was no problem with the DTV box until the setup was COMPLETE.

As I repeated the setup I selected the Genie 1 option (NOT what I have) in the last step in order to complete the setup.  The problem is now gone, however the remote does not control the DTV box which is fine with me (I use the Harmony).

Sorry for the long report but maybe the Smart Remote programming has something to do with the stated problem.

BTW Samsung, if you're listening how about giving me the option of not setting up the remote to control other devices, but still allowing me to connect and name the device? There is no CANCEL unless you answer everything in that setup routine.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the input.  We will forward your suggestion accordingly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userqeeeEZJW3h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having this cycling issue.  Off, on, off, on, etc.  I was online at Samsung support with someone named Ashwini P.  Terrible service!!  The first time I was left sitting there with no communication for almost 10 minutes.  The next for 3 minutes.  After multiple requests for someone to respond I just took screen shots because the email transcript I tried to get never arrived.  When I did talk to the CS rep, he had no idea about just replacing the cable.  He even asked me to reverse ends of the cable. Well, that is impossible as only one of the ends will go in the TV.  All I want is for this to be fixed, and from this forum. It looks like it as simple as replacing that cable.  Can any Samsung person help?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! Send me a private message here:  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Andy P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a 55" 8 Series (UN55KS8000FXZA) and within 6 months of having the television, I started experiencing the same thing. I thought it was due to the external components being connected to the OneConnect box and the TV acciendtly receiving a signal from an external component but, even with other components unplugged, the TV would still randomly turn on/ off. The remote would also seem to lose its signal and would be unresponsive to the TV. Now, its been about a year into ownership and the TV has lost video signal/ picture signal. Just this morning, the picture went out and the TV seems to be trying to turn on but then, immediately shuts off. I can see the backlight(s) turn on but soon after, the TV just shuts off. It tries to power back on, backlights turn on, TV shuts off. Same cycle over and over. Customer service said that it is the One Conncect Box and that it needs to be replaced. Well, my TV just went out of warranty and now I am S.O.L. I cant believe that in ONE year's time of owning the TV, I am having issues with the television. I initally bought this TV (over a Sony) simply because I believed in the quality of Samsung products.  But like I said, it all started with the TV randomly turning off/ on and not responding the remote. 

There has been no power surges in my area, firmware is up-to-date, and my television is not constantly on. I couldn't imagine that it would be due to wear and tear taking effect so soon. Also, if I am on extended leave, I unplug the TV and components from the wall outlet(s) so that they dont continue to drain power. The television is wall mounted on an extending arm so, its not right against the wall. It has pretty good air flow around the unit.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userIATxRwmagJ.  I would like to see what I may be able to do here.  Could you provide your serial number via a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97