cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rags
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just bought 1 month ago the 2018 QN65Q7FN and having same issue with it, going On and Off. I am surprised this problem been there for so long and Samsung has not fixed it. 

Scoobiedoo79
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I "fixed" it with a wireless plug connected to my alexa not ideal but stops it going on if its not powered up

user5Yjzc5fPJc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a 55” Q7FN 2018 model today - and after just 2 episodes on Netflix the tv made this turn on/off loop thing. I unplugged in after trying several things and this seemed to work for another episode.. if the tv does this thing one more time I’ll go and get my money back. Sad since it’s a great TV.. maybe I’ll get a OLED instead 

user5Yjzc5fPJc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: it does this infitie loop every time I turn it off and then turn it on again... only thing that seems to work is unplugging the connect box from the power outlet and then plugging it back in again.. 

My old Samsung tv is nearly 10 years old and I’ve never had a problem with it.. I don’t even have my new Q7FN for a day and already I’m faced with this dilemma of a situation.. I really hope we soon get a definitive answer so this infinite loop problem gets solved or else I’ll have to return it before my 30 day return periode ends

userFdQOO0XU9T
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have my TV for just over a month now and i started getting these boot loops . Reset all settings and unplugged everything but the main fiber cable and did the whole setup process again . Even changed the batteroba in the remote because I thought the freezing was due to the remote not functioning. Wasn't that . Now I'm stuck In the setup process . Cannot complete it , freezes and reboots . Took out the fiber cable and it doesnt reboot anymore . Glad I didn't mount this TV . Q7f 55 (2017 model) . Man I loved this TV . Just broke my heart to have to go through the mission of returning it . 

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have same tv for a year no issues with tv turning on and off so far but do get occasional white,green and red Flashes. Have you noticed with yours?

userzlwBAkd7lD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve had my qled 55 exchanged 3 times and now a new oc box and cable and I still am having on off problems.  It is a defective product.   Time for a class action lawsuit.   

user4bL7xrm0kY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is NOT solved/fixed.

I bought a brand new Samsung QE55Q9F (2018) - QLED TV in Belgium, Europe:

• Box was factory sealed
  • TV was installed correctly
  • TV ran firmware 1153
  • OneConnect cable had no visible defects or kinks

The TV turns on, works for 20 seconds or so and reboots indefinitely.

https://youtu.be/GxDSHE3X57w

After switching off the TV it will power on spontaneously.

The thing is essentially DOA. Very dissapointing given that, judging from this thread, this is a very common theme and these TV's cost so much.

Buyer beware...

Uploaded by Kris Janssen on 2018-11-04.
user4bL7xrm0kY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam could you please acknowledge that this issue still persists?

This is my q9f:

https://youtu.be/GxDSHE3X57w

This is another user with a q7f:

https://youtu.be/dGSArtDNt7U

This issue is not fixed and it is about time Samsung provides a genuine solution given how much these things cost.

Uploaded by Kris Janssen on 2018-11-04.
Bought this TV 30 days ago and within a couple of days it started to restart itself after displaying some weird images. This is happening every day and not a good sign. EDIT 03/31/2018: Received replacement one connect box from Samsung and issues have completely stopped.. The OCB apparently stores
userUNfnnKCii5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this issue with 65” Q7FN. It’s worth a try to unplug the antenna cable. I changed my old cheap cable (which worked ok with previous tv) to a new one and to my surpise that fixed it! Most likely won’t help everyone.

I still can’t recommend keeping the tv until they fix the issues with local dimming (or at least let people switch it off).