cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZMC02Gxq6G
Astronaut

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same problem.

Brought the TV in Oct 17 in NZ.  Remote starts unpairing and flashing red about a month ago.  Then tv starts randomly turning itself off, until now it’s doing it every 15 seconds.

Rang Samsung Support, who said it was a unusual problem.

When I said no it’s not, there are a large number of Forum entries with this exact problem, and the fix is a new optic cable, the Support person just followed the same line of you will need somebody to look at it, if it’s not a problem with the tv you will need to pay for the call etc.

Plus it will be 2-3 days with no working tv.

Samsung must know this is a design flaw.  

Its shocking they do not have this as a stanard issue in their service / Support knowledge base.  

Its criminal they keep selling these tvs when they know there are a major flaw with them!

userBjRHdVLRI6
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Much agreed about frustration shared in this forum.  I had better luck with consistent coorespondance with Best buy/ geek squad. 

Recall I delt with auto rebooting, full shut down, and lines across screen .   the repairs were many as it is trialing to actually figure out.  The cost of all of the changes had to cost more than the tv itself.   Last week was latest change replacing with the newest one connect box with latest firmware plus new one connect cable.  This is now the 2nd time changing these items and seems to be working so far.     I willpost again if anything changes.   Good luck to everyone struggling through these issues.  Hope it gets resolved.  

n0k0m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Made a video of what is happening with the brand new Samsung QE49Q7FAM TV: Youtube

It only occurs 10-60 mins after I switch on the TV. The remote stops responding, the menu freeze, or "not available" message shows up on the screen when i press anything. If i plug it off for 1-2 hours the cycle restarts. As you can see in the video at around 1:00 the screen starts to have graphic glitches and does some crackling noises.

Tried it without any input (only the one connect box obviously) and the TV restarts in the empty menu or in the built in youtube app aswell. 

I highly doubt it is related to the cable as it happens when the TV "warms up". 

Got the TV as a replacement for a faulty UE49KS7000 (KS8000 in the US) that has been in service twice in a year with a totally different problem:

(The backlight leds "burnt" through the bottom of the screen after ~1500 hrs of use). 

I am speechless... and I highly doubt i will ever get any refund out of this ...

userBjRHdVLRI6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

Interesting how similar my issue was to yours. Samsung first changed my remote control from curved black unit to a flat silver unit.  It helped until unit warmed up, then more issues.  Replacing cable changed the problem to spectrum colors flashing across screen, then geek squad got in, changed motherboard (no change to problem), then changed box to newest software AND new cable.   Currently my issue resolved.      Just sharing my experience.  I have q7 purchase Nov 2017.      Hope this helps. 

n0k0m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you also have a short warm up period before the TV started to reboot itself and got gradually worse as you let it restarting? 

userBjRHdVLRI6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

The rebooting as described was the

originalproblem that started this mess.  

n0k0m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry i thought you replied on my message. 

Btw i am also getting a new box and cable tomorrow. Fingers crossed ...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us updated.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

n0k0m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the TV running for ~5 hours with the new box and cable and no restarts, so something definitely happened. This box is different from the last one, as it gets warm in the middle and not on the left side. The menu became very responsive, which was sluggish and unresponsive even when the TV wasn't in restart cycle.

I am a bit concerned that it is already heating up quite well (not uncomfortably hot on touch, but it feels close to a really hot shower). I was surprised that the new box I got is older (04. 2017.) than the last one. I can only hope that this problem won't occur again (especially out of warranty as these 2 parts could cost the same as a new TV). 

userHLHJBzCTg9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the 65" QN65Q7FA QLED from New Egg, and it worked fine for literally 2 weeks.  It started doing the reboot thing.

I should've just returned it to New Egg, but instead went through Samsung.  The tech was friendly enough with good English, but said they'd just ship out a new One connect box (or whatever it's called).

I KNEW when I installed the TV, that it was bad design to rely on that device.  The only connection my TV has is power and the One Connect fiber optic cable.  So if the box ever breaks (like mine did less than 14 days old) then you're screw ed.

I requested the item be overnighted, the tech claims he put the note on the shipment order but we'll see.

This thread is huge with TONS OF PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.   Obviously there's a defect going on, they need to make it right.   I should've just paid slightly more for the Sony one :*(