cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just tried everything and read everything call support and didn't get support just a repeat of what is online. 

I blocked the power light and it has been working for an hour without any issues. 

Hope this will help Samsung to solve the issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For folks having this issue, here's how I was able to resolve mine. (My day old Q90 was shutting down  by itself within  a minute after being powered on).

After doing some research which mentioned that Samsung was replacing remotes inb order to resolve the issue, I've determined that the remote is the one that was triggering the shutdown of my Tv. (I first thought it was an issue with my OneConnnect cable getting crimped). I also noticed one time that the TV turned on by itself.

What I did was that  after turning the TV on using the remote, I immediately removed the bateries from it. And wah-lah! The TV stayed on. Now, I don't use that remote anymore and instead bought an old school Samsung AA59-00637A remote. Problem solved.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having a problem with my QLED tv similar to these.  I use a Logitech Harmony One remote.  I have created an activity called "Watch Smart TV".  The problem is that it will sometimes turn the tv back on after I have turned everything off.  I did some research and found that the problem is in the HDMI-CEC settings.  I turned this off and it seems to have fixed the problem.  Time will tell.  I will repost if the problem re-occurs.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Re: Samsung QLED TV turning off and on by itself

I have read all 37 pages of comments about this issue on this site. I have the 2019 Q80R model and am having this same issue. I have unplugged the tv, the cable box, and my Sonos beam soundbar. Waited 15 minutes and replugged everything. It worked for an hour and I checked to make sure the software was the latest and that the automatic update feature was on. It was all good.  Then it started turning on and off again. After reading all the comments, I started trying every solution offered. The Q80R does not have the one connect box so that isn't the source of my problem. I have taken the batteries out of my remote and it did not solve my issue. I replaced the batteries with new ones and reset the remote. That did not work. I turned off the Anynet+ HDMI-CEC setting but then my Sonos sound system doesn't work. So I turned it back on. Then I decided to just use the tv speakers and see if it worked. It still did the same thing. I just turned it back on since it did not solve my issue. This tv is not a year old yet. I registered the tv using the code on the box and set up a Samsung account, but they want the reciept for proof of warranty.  Unfortunately I can not find the receipt. Therefore I can't prove it is under warranty. This is the most frustrating experience! 37 pages of the same issue from so many and still no solution from Samsung. I will never have anything from Samsung again. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I read your post. I too am extremely frustrated with Samsung. Wish I had read this thread before purchasing my 75"  QLED TV 2 1/2 years ago. It worked fine till one week ago and then started having the issue everyone has posted about . I've tried everything pretty much and have had no success. I spoke to Samsung and they are not willing to do anything . I have emailed the VP of customer servie and next week will try to track him down by phone . His name is Chris Kim , email chrisk@sea.samsung.com . Maybe if we all pound on him we will get a response. 

I have 5 other Samsung appliances in my home and if they do not address this I will never purchase another Samsung product