cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reygio349
Pilot

Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I bought Samsung QLED TV 55 7C series couple of months ago and now its turning ON by itself, did reset and unplug but it still occurring. Took a lot of my time and sleep it's 130am here In LA so what I did is unplug both TV and one connect and I'm going to bed. I should have bought the LG OLED TV darn it.
Deke55
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I bought the LG oled and it was faulty out of the box. Got another, it had a stuck pixel so back it went for a refund. Bought the Samsung eu65mu8000 and it has had its share of problems. I am now about to complain about flickering happening at random. At least here in the UK we have a deal which I took out with retailer so that if I have three reported faults I can exchange or get my money back. Looks like I might be about to change the TV again! What a hassle.
user2VfDEoIVLX
Astronaut

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

im having the same issues and just call samsung.. waiting on the techs to call me back. its really fustrating as i dont know what to do !!!!

useraUUvicPfcv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello i am tv technician this problem is caused by a dead or shorted LED on the panel 

userw9t4ANEzz1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys!!!!! quick fix!!! Re-Connect your smart tv remote - Auto function in tv is to keep scanning for new remotes if disconnects...for some reason the tv tries turning on and off as a way of trying to re find a remote... hence no controls/constant on/off!!! i bet if these are your tvs problems this is the way to fix it!!! bugger paying heaps for techs n bull dust.. take your batteries out. put them in again and re connect them using the instruction booklet! so dam easy problem solved instantly.

AMEDDDoc
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is fixing the problems with the 2018 Q8FN models. They reproduced the problem using time stamps and picture settings we gave them in another thread and by email.

Hopefully the next firmware update fixes the restarts, improves the local dimming and takes care of some of the motion problems.

userWBH4a0kOw9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Is it repairable? I have a 55 inch that the audio just goes off at times and the remote audio doesn't respond now either. Have to use other remote to adjust audio.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ useraGUTqGwRNL and  userWBH4a0kOw9 Does this happen on all sources?

useraGUTqGwRNL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes all sources. Cable Box vis HDMI, AppleTV via HDMI, Apps like Netflix on TV itself.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ useraGUTqGwRNL Can you drop a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the full model and serial numbers as well as the software version that the television is running?