cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriwQUhzGilH
Asteroid

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same problem here!! Getting ready to throw this out!!!
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userymbU7HMNXG: Could you send us your transaction number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userymbU7HMNXG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where do I find my transaction number?

Update on Potential Fix: after I replaced my optic fiber cable that came with the new OneConnect box the issue seems to have been fixed. Replacing my old box with the new one didn’t fix it rather replacing the cable seems to have done the trick. When I get home today I’m going to test my theory with replacing the new OneConnect box with my old one and keep the new fiber optic cable plugged in. If the tv doesn’t turn off and on it by itself then the issue will be confirmed to be caused by cable and not the box.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would have been provided to you when they sent you the one connect box.  You could also send us a private message with your telephone number and we can look at the information that way.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userymbU7HMNXG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay. I will look at the papers in the box that I received when I get back home later today.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We look forward to hearing back from you.  

userymbU7HMNXG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright here is my transaction / invoice number: 8411033882.

UPDATE ON FIX/CAUSE OF ISSUE: Yesterday when I just replaced my old OneConnect box with the new box my TV was still having the same issue turning off and on and the remote was completely not working as well. Holding return and 123 for 20 seconds or  removing the batteries and holding the power button down for 20 seconds to discharge the capacitors was not working to make it reconnect. I then replaced my old fiber optic cable that runs from the TV to the OneConnect box with the new one and the TV was working fine! Today when I got back from work I replaced the new OneConnect box with my old one that came with my TV and both the TV and remote are working! The TV is no longer turning off and on by itself and the remote is not losing connection!!! It seems I found the issue which might mean in about month this new fiber optic cable might also become faulty and all of the issues will return...

userMpeEOBtB8g
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE

Fiber optic cable got replaced and its working now. Its definitely the cable and unless samsung comes up with a new cable design, we are going to  keep having this problem.

userOjoRfJ4xxe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to thank you for this suggestion.  Purchased a new Samsung QA55Q8CAMWXXY 55 inch curved QLED TV from Domayne in Australia on 7 January 2018.  Beautful TV, such rich colours, worked well with all devices: Samsung Blue-ray, Apple TV, Foxtel cable box, laptops etc.  However, on 15 February, it started with the universal Samsung remote blinking its red light rapidly and not working to change anything on the TV except power down and power up.  Changed batteries to no avail.  Then, the next day, the TV started to power cycle on and off, about every 10-15 seconds.  An online suggested fix was a reboot.  Reboot by unplugging from wall and waiting 1-5 minutes before turning back on 'fixed' the problem for about 3-4 minutes.  Enough time to start working on all the other suggested internet fixes: stop Anynet, enter IP manually, re-set all settings etc etc.  After five hours of this I gave up.  Later, same day  but in the evening, I came across your entry.  Rang Samsung on Monday 19 February to report a faulty optical cable (that ultra thin teeny tiny cable that looks so fragile you can't breath on it and it needs neurosurgeons to install, with a round rubber housing).  They dispatched a new one which arrived 22 February.  Installed 23 February (but not by a neurosurgeon, just me with my big fat fingers).  Presto, for 24 hours everything is working well. All settings returned to normal.  Fingers crossed for beyond though I suspect Samsung needs to invest in a fat robust and sturdier optical cable.  The only down side is the constant power downs and power ups (reboots) have fried our blue ray player.  Thanks for the fix.

Vik1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the QLED 65 as a wedding gift, mounted it up yesterday and after 45 minutes picture went dark but volume was very functional. I unplugs and replugged and it started to work again. 

After another 30minutes it went black again. I noticed when I watch YouTube videos this does not happen, it only happens with cable TV. I have been reading about this reoccurring issue all night and today. But no idea how to fix it. When the TV/Cable work it is amazing. Samsung please help. Can it be fixed with a new one connect box?