cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Scoobiedoo79
Constellation

Re: Samsung QLED TV Turning Off and On by itself, remote not responding!!! Still Waiting for a fix!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung QE55Q6FAM and it's auto powering on randomly.  Support have reset it and its still doing the same thing

I have a surround sound yamaha receiver connected to the TV and connected to that I have a PS4 XboxOne BT Vision set top box and an amazon firestick

Anynet+ (hdmi-cec) has been disabled on all devices I have the option TV but it doesn't make a difference the TV still auto powers on to the live TV until I switch it back off

It's random when this happens it can be during the day or night

Please advise further

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it still power cycling if you disconnect the one connect box?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

tamapatu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
From aus having that exact problem waiting on tech to come out in a few days , I want a refund or at best full replacement with extended warranty my QLED tv is only 3months old
userymbU7HMNXG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Read previous posts in this forum. The issue is the fiber optic cable that connects your tv to the OneConnect box. Call Samsung support to have them send you a new OneConnect box which it should come with a new cable. Cheers

userMpeEOBtB8g
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMpeEOBtB8gwrote:

I am in Australia and have the same issue. My TV is 65 inch QLED 9 series (QA65Q9FAMWXXY).

Got the TV on November 2017, this issue stated after a month, mid December. Tech guy came and said its got to do with the smart hub and the optical wire, both of them were replaced. It worked for a month and the problem has started again (19th January). The issues is pretty much as others have described. First the remote stops working and the red light on the remote keeps blinking even without pressing any buttons. After about 5 minutes the TV turns itself off and on. The TV turning off and on interval keeps coming down to about 10 sec. And until I turn the TV off it keeps happening. Nothing on the remote works except the power button. I have the latest firmware version: 1160.4. I tried everything, reset theTV to factory setting nothing works. When I turn the TV on after a couple of hours gap it runs for about 10 mins and the issues starts again. I have tech guys coming tomorrow 23 Jan, hopefully they will have permanent solution. Missing Australian Open.

PS: Excellent customer service from Samsung, not too sure about the product.

Got the cable changed on 24th Jan 2018. It worked until yeaterday  Smiley Sad . Remote is starting to play up and the TV has started to turn off and on by itself. It has only done 3 times till now. Very frustated. When is this gonna end.

uservxeFBHqzkp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank God, it seems I not the only one with similar problem posted. I have the new QLED 55" TV for about 4 months. After first instlled it was functioning okay, no problem. I am having the same problem with the smart remote. It's not responding after about 5 to 10 minutes of veiwing. To get it respond again I have to turn the TV off and go thru the devices paring steps. Then again after 5 to 10 minutes, the TV doesn't respond to the remote commend. Called Samsung tech supprtnumerouse times, they suggested weak Wi-Fi signal. I am not sure that is the case. It was working fine for almost two months after first installed!

I need help big time.

Nauticabri
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tell them you want a new one connect cable. It'll solve the problem.

userEuA6KL18m3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a 55" Q7 yesterday. The TV shuts off and on randomly and remote unpairs. I've read all these same issues from other customers. Why would Samsung and best buy sell me this TV with these known problems. In all my years, I've never seen anything like this. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.