Original topic:

Samsung QN85A & Denon AVR X2600 Video Problem

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 04:24 PM)
CREM72
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame
HELP!

I am connecting my Denon AVR-X2600H to the Samsung 85QN85A, when I connect the HDMI cord the TV doesn't recognize the receiver (shows up as unknown in inputs), but upon the initial connect the television pops up a box that says an Atmos Audio Device was connected. Then I get the error message on the Samsung TV that an eARC device was connected but should be connected to input 3, however, it is connected to Input 3. No video to the television from the receiver and the Samsung TV says to turn the Power on the device. So the TV knows a device is connected but it shows up as unknown and never will show the Denon Logo or transmit any video. I have reset the receiver, tried 6 different HDMI cables, and reset the television.

When I direct connect a device it is quickly identified by the TV with the same HDMI cable with no problems playing video. Apparently the TV is getting a signal from the receiver as it knows the device is connected and that it is an Atmos device. It also recognizes when I disconnect the receiver. I have checked all settings, HDMI-CEC is on, I tried it turned off, I have connected to all inputs and still nothing. However when I connect the receiver to any other Samsung TV (I have tried 3 including the 65KS8000 which it has been connected to for the last year) there isn't an issue. Samsung support says it's Denon, Denon says it's the Samsung television.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
#85QN85A #QN85A #Denon #Video #Inputs #eARC #NoVideo

0 Likes
2 Replies
JRock1276
Explorer
Options
Qled and Frame
What's the output resolution of the receiver? Do you have ARC turned on for input 3?
0 Likes
CREM72
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame
The output of the receiver is 4K. Yes ARC is turned on.
0 Likes