cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung cares more about making ad money than being ethical

CAUTION...INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL BELOW FROM SAMSUNG.

On my Samsung TV homescreen, Samsung showed me a Borat Ad from Amazon where the male actor was nude.

Supposedly, I am able to uncheck and not accept the terms and conditions for "Interested-Based Advertisements" from Samsung during setup, which is supposed to remove those ads from my homescreen. I have tried this 2 times with the help of support, and I am STILL SEEING THIS AD. It is absolutely disgusting, inappropriate, and unethical.

In the Terms and Conditions contract, it says that I may be subject to innapropriate third party content, but it is my responsiblity to sheild this from minors. However, since I have not accepted the terms of the Interest Based Advertisements, it is Samsung that is not fulfilling their end of the contract. They are showing me inappropriate ads even though I have not accepted the terms.

This is not only bad for myself and my family, but it is damaging to families all over who are exposed to this horrible advertisement.

I really do not want to include a picture of the ad, but I feel it's necessary to show how awful it is and that something needs to be done to stop this. It is so offensive and damaging to families.

IMG_4237.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Samsung cares more about making ad money than being ethical

myself spend a lot for my phone to see advertising everytime I open an apps, seem like these advertising company should be buying us the phone or get permission from us before hitting us with a lot of advertising right now I love to have a real blocker to stop the pop-up on my news apps as well as other apps
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung cares more about making ad money than being ethical

Use AdGuard private DNS ... Settings ... Connections ...More ... for "Private DNS" enter:
dns.adguard.com
... that will take care of ads system wide for all apps on the phone (including browsers) . Restart phone