Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung firmware 1294

Hoping it fixes the local dimming and bright levels in game mode πŸ™ 

Highlighted
Galaxy

Sure would be nice to get eARC or DTS support in a firmware update. I'd pay $500-$1000 to get a one connect box upgrade to add eARC.

Highlighted
Constellation

I got it too but don't see any difference...

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ya it fixes something that isn't the problem!

Highlighted
Astronaut

hope this helps...

Change log 
6E489180-5B60-40F9-9626-22CF3D57256D.jpeg

Highlighted
Asteroid

There is a slight improvement over the last firmware update more detail better contrast control, less over sharpening, colour improvements , tiny improvement in depth perception, bit less banding. I still see substantial banding in dark scenes and less detail almost covering those areas in black, worse then black crush. There is over exposure to the compression artifacts that sources make like opening menus dark scenes, black shimmering light grey squares and dots, with the banding of course even in colours where it use to blend together, where as before it was not a problem a few updates back. I certainly hope that take this into consideration and continue to build on this to fix the problem. I also understand the there is a problem with game mode that's needs to bee addressed as I will be buying Ps5 in 2020. I can only speculate as i think the are releasing  general firmwares for all because some models have black level control as well as shadow detail control, but my Q8fn does not have these two settings a others do so they need to release and update for specific models that will address the issues as above-mentioned. At least I see movement towards a fix, that's all we can ask.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I'm starting to think they're doing this on purpose, 3 updates later and they still haven't fixed it, I don't think Samsung supports their older tvs, I want to return this TV so bad and go with a different brand but im past my return window, I don't think its ever gonna get fixed.... all hope is gone, and I'm a Samsung brand loyalty, I can't go through this anymore.....  now me being able to control tv settings with bixby is gone.... smh

@userQZG1D2irZC wrote:

There is a slight improvement over the last firmware update more detail better contrast control, less over sharpening, colour improvements , tiny improvement in depth perception, bit less banding. I still see substantial banding in dark scenes and less detail almost covering those areas in black, worse then black crush. There is over exposure to the compression artifacts that sources make like opening menus dark scenes, black shimmering light grey squares and dots, with the banding of course even in colours where it use to blend together, where as before it was not a problem a few updates back. I certainly hope that take this into consideration and continue to build on this to fix the problem. I also understand the there is a problem with game mode that's needs to bee addressed as I will be buying Ps5 in 2020. I can only speculate as i think the are releasing  general firmwares for all because some models have black level control as well as shadow detail control, but my Q8fn does not have these two settings a others do so they need to release and update for specific models that will address the issues as above-mentioned. At least I see movement towards a fix, that's all we can ask.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

After further investigation I found that movie mode behaves the same way as game mode, local dimming is destroyed 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung please revert the Local Dimming and Brightness nerf on the Q9FN. I know that many people are using those TVs for gaming and we can't understand why you need to destroy the gaming mode on those TVs. Please think about your loyal customers and don't let us down on this.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah local dimming is much much worse in the game mode. Its like not working. Please Samsung fix this.