Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Samsung q series 1403 update

No one?

Astronaut

I am having the same issue. After my TV was automatically updated to 1403.1 firware, the picture quality has deteriorated significantly. Pictures are more grainy, and noisy. Earlier it was so much better.

I don't understand why Samsung should release a new firmware without thorough testing. Seems like they wanted to fix something and totally ignored the most important thing a TV should have - Good picture quality

I wish I had set my Software update setting to Manual. Wish there was a way to go back to previous firmware.

Constellation

I am having major issues after the 1403 update. The picture is blurry and jittery and the audio is out of sync with video. Made manual adjustments and does not solve the problem. We have an older Samsung non-smart 720p tv that has a better picture than this new 3 month old expensive Q70 tv. Very disappointed....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried to reset the unit? Can you provide a picture of the jittery screen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

We have reset to factory default 3 or 4 times which made it even worse. We have adjusted the judder and blur reduction as far as they will go and it does absolutely nothing to fix the picture. The audio is so out of sync we can barely watch it.  The digital output audio delay adjustment is not working. We talked to a Samsung associate today and they could not fix the problem. It happens with watching through our Spectrum cable box which is hooked up thru hdmi. We have tried a different hdmi cable and also a different hdmi port on tv. We know it's not the cable box because we have hooked up 2 other TVs to this cable box and there are no problems. We have done extensive troubleshooting. We have had Charter spectrum technicians here twice and the cable is fine. Cable works fine on 3 others TVs in our house. It is an issue with this Q70 tv. The tv was purchased in July 2020 and we have an extended warranty with Best Buy. Do we deal with Samsung or Best Buy for a replacement? 

Constellation

A geek squad member from Best Buy came out last week and they couldn't fix the problem either. Now we have a repairman/tech guy coming this week from Samsung. And Charter charged us 50$ to troubleshoot and there was nothing wrong with the cable. We are going down a rabbit hole with this piece of junk tv....