Did you mean: 
Constellation

Samsung q series 1403 update

Anyone have any info on what's in the update or a changelog for it 

15 REPLIES 15
Asteroid

Re: Samsung q series 1403 update

From hovering over the (?) on the samsung update page:

- Model : Q950T, Q900T, Q850T, Q800T, Q90T, Q80T, Q8DT, Q70T, Q7DT, LS03T, LS01T
- Version : 1403.1
- Improved usability 1. Improved picture quality 2. Improved browser performance 3. Improved app performance 4. Improved stability 5. Improved usability of input devices

Astronaut

Just to include a important information here. Today, Samsung assisted me in downloading (offline) and performing the update my for QN65Q80T using this firmware 1403, because it was not available by automatic update. It really solved my problem using XBOX Series X games running at 120hz + 4k + VRR. With these 3 settings applied,  the images got scrambled as soon the game starts, at 1402 firmware. Firmware 1403 soled that at first try. !! I hope this can be usefull for new generation consoles users.

Constellation

Just had the same problem, had my series x at 4k-120hz-VRR and loaded gears 5, the title screen was going crazy. Downloaded the 1403 patch on my q80t and it sorted it. Gears 5 at 120hz is SICK!

Constellation

After installing 1403 update, the picture quality on my QLED has deteriorated terribly. It has developed unnatural tones, ghosting and is extremely blurry. Do not install 1403. Samsung can you please provide a solution to this or better still allow a down grade to the previous 1402 if you cannot sort this out. The quality of the picture is worse than SD on a bad TV. Sort this out Samsung.

Astronaut

Hi I think I have the same problem as you I just want  to confirm

In some areas of the screen sometimes (usually black) do you see the screen sort of jitter like if a colour is meant to to black some areas might sort of  glitch and become more greyish. Or na 

Constellation

Yes, that is correct. 

@userXYuMiWgmVg wrote:

Hi I think I have the same problem as you I just want  to confirm

In some areas of the screen sometimes (usually black) do you see the screen sort of jitter like if a colour is meant to to black some areas might sort of  glitch and become more greyish. Or na 

Asteroid

I seem to have the same picture quality deterioration after the upgrade. On current programming images are blurrier. On older content (mid 2000s tv shows for example) the image is super grainy and pixelated (I recognize problems can exist with upscaling the image, but these same shows were significantly better before the firmware update). I've tried numerous adjustments to the picture, I've reset the TV set, nothing seems to help. I feel problems only get worse after resetting the TV (menu responsiveness, video issues, etc). 

Constellation

My q95t auto installed 1403.1 last night and I am experiencing the similar picture deterioration.  I also notice the auto dimming has deteriorated too. Any picture with black background Whole picture becomes very dimmed. Really annoying. I have set All eco settings  to off. But still no improvement.  

Asteroid

1403 is a real problem. Is it possible to downgrade?