cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung q60 goes to black screen with sound, but only...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

...when I am watching YouTube TV.  Immediately following the YT TV ad, the tv screen itself goes black; I have audio.  If I change the channel and go back, the picture is fine.  If I change the channel During the YT TV ad (the black filler advertisement that they run due to unpurchased commercial space), and switch it back to the ad, there is no black screen interruption.  Which is all well and good as long as I pay attention and switch the channels everytime that commercial shows for however long I watch YT TV.  It does not happen on any other streaming services.  I do not have cable, or any external devices attached.  This is a QLED Q60, 1 year old.  This started happening about 2 months ago.  We have two other exact same tv's in the house, and they do not do this.  I have reset the modems and routers, unplugged and plugged.  Any ideas?? (my reset, software update and self diagnosis buttons are greyed out)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung q60 goes to black screen with sound, but only...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since this app is the only app causing this, I suggest reaching out to the app developers and verifying that the app is up to date.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted to reset the smarthub or uninstalling the app by any chance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

I have uninstalled & re-installed the app and wifi, unplugged all devices, reset the modem and router. I did reset the smarthub and it didnt make a difference.  All our tvs (3 total, with 2 QLED Q60, purchased last November), run off wifi with streamiing, so only power cords plugged into wall. No issues with the other tvs; only on mine, on all three logins for YouTube TV.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since this app is the only app causing this, I suggest reaching out to the app developers and verifying that the app is up to date.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post