Original topic:

Samsung q80t: unable to update to latest firmware, installed firmware version non existant ?

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 03:59 PM)
userUkzsi0ohuA
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi,

I have a samsung q80t model QN65Q80TAFXZA and I want to update the firmware to hopefully solve some issues with my PC plugged on HDMI port 4.

I tried to update to latest firmware, but it fails, even if trying using usb, saying no updates are available ( both using wifi and USB method ).

The current version from feb 2021 is ver1462.1 according to the support page.
My TV says I have version 2014.1 installed ( T-NKMAKUC-2014.1,B1052200/B60101,BT-S )

I know for a fact I did not update the firmware on the TV. How can i update it to the latest version ?

I tried downloading the update and putting the unzipped files on a USB key. Upon starting the TV I do have a message saying that there's no update available.

I think the TV is recognizing that there's an update on the USB key, but does not want to update due to the version being higher on the installed one, even though version 2014.1 is probably older than version 1462.1

Help please ?

2 Replies
userVI4ERiOEHg
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Your TV was automatically updated to version 2014.1. Version 2014.1 is the new version. I downloaded the 2014.1 version from the website but the file is corrupt. It will not unzip. In your case, you never unzipped your download file on the USB drive.  I chatted to no avail with Samsung and couldn't get them to check the file on their end to see if the file is corrupt. I wish my television firmware had been updated automatically overnight like yours. Maybe tonight it will automatically update.

0 Likes
userUkzsi0ohuA
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

yes I figured they did not updated the support website when the update went live hence my confusion

0 Likes