Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userCr3uqgTIv8
Asteroid

Screen goes black in game mode intermittently

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I believe this mainly happens while in game mode. But basically the screen will randomly go black for about 2 seconds then come back on. I’ve already returned one tv for this issue. Got the same model (QN65Q6FN) and it is STILL doing it. I’ve tried messing with all the settings. Called Samsung support but they were no help, rep said “don’t use game mode..” .....like what kind of solution is that. That’s half the reason I got this tv- low input lag in game mode. Does anyone have a solution for this? Anyone experiencing the same thing? Any help is welcomed.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userCr3uqgTIv8
Asteroid

Re: Screen goes black in game mode intermittently

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m 95% positive that this is a cable issue. I swapped out my HDMI cable for one that I purchased on Amazon and I  haven’t had the issue since. Game mode is working great. Here’s the cable I bought:

4K HDMI Cable 10 FT - Atevon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N22LFPL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

8 REPLIES 8
userc996VPlCEX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my tv (Model#QN49Q6FNA) yesterday, I turned on my ps4 to play and the same thing kept happening. I turned off gaming mode and it still kept happening. Screen goes black for a few seconds then comes back on. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this keep occurring throughout your viewing or does it only occur when turning the unit on?

userc996VPlCEX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had it on for about 10-15 mnutes and it kept happening. It happened at least 5-10 times a minute.

userCr3uqgTIv8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m 95% positive that this is a cable issue. I swapped out my HDMI cable for one that I purchased on Amazon and I  haven’t had the issue since. Game mode is working great. Here’s the cable I bought:

4K HDMI Cable 10 FT - Atevon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N22LFPL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

userJwzBf3WkY0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem, contacted Samsung support about it, they had me factory reset, etc. Etc. Nothing helped. Bought this same cable in hopes that it would resolve it, just started playing with it and after about half hour had the same problem again, so it's not the cable and this is not a solution. 

userCr3uqgTIv8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m sorry to hear that, the cable seemed to fix my issues. I also turned it off ultimate freesync and that seemed to help. I still get random times where it jumps to TV Plus for some reason but it is far and few in between. 

Raf1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have been using these same cables with my Q9FN since January without any issues.  These are awesome cables and would definitely recommend. 

Samsung_dYynmVO
Astronaut

Ok cool