cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Screen goes black in game mode intermittently

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dude read my post hdmi cable not causing this problem! I boughted a lot of hdmi cables even for 200$ still same sh..t ! Problem with PS4 read my post and solution works 100%  with original ps4 pro cable

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HDMI CABLE IS NOT THE ISSUE.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with a Nintendo switch.  It happens with game mode set to off on the tv, and also with the auto motion off.  I have already replaced the cable with a high speed cable from amazon and still have the issue.  What else could this be?  What can make this go away?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I've had the same problem with a 2017 Samsung TV and solved it.

The cable isn't the problem, though plugging in a new one can somehow help you solve the problem as you go through the install process again that might change one of the settings that is the problem : YUV modes! YUV is the chroma (colour so to speak) setting that allows to pass more info between your device (PS4, Xbox, PC...) and the screen ending up with a supposedly better quality image (I see no difference personnaly between modes).

Simply put and confirmed by a Samsung rep over the phone + my own fiddling around: YUV444, YUV442 and RGB aren't fully supported by (some? all?) Samsung TVs resulting in black screen due to too much info going through the cable and the TV not being able to cope with a certain amount of data => the itch is somewhere between 8Gbps (YUV420 that never produces black screens with up to 8Gbps throughput) and YUV444 (with a throughput of up to 18Gbps).

Once I set both my PS4 Pro and my Windows PC on YUV420, I solved the black screen problem altogether on both devices.

However, when you're using custom resolutions (on PC) in order to simulate dynamic resolution scale in order to lift off some GPU work (i.e. display only 80% of a 4K resolution so you can run the game at 60 fps and avoid stuttering due to an overloaded GPU), you can't use YUV420 mode (at least on Windows 10 using the latest NVIDIA drivers) and automatically go back to RGB which causes the black cut-offs to come back.

To conclude, use YUV420 and nothing else. Samsung is fooling people with marketing specs that are not true. And you may ask why it is that they're still selling TVs and phones ou there in spite of that: just because they've crushed the market and choice is either poor or our usage of the devices is so not what anybody would be happy with, that we see the limits and yet pay full price for products [edit]-finished. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, but I could solve it by configuring this:
TV:
-Disabling the Game Mode
-Option: Color Space -> Native

PS4 Slim:
- Disabling DHCP
- Set Resolution to Max 1080p
- Disabling HDR

And that stop the black screens, but losing a lot of things that improved the gameplay
Highlighted
Astronaut

Ok cool

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this issue, too.  It seems  to be triggered by spikes in audio.  I e game  explosions.   It doesn't happen if I'm  using headphones so i think the tv is reacting  to external sound  or vibration.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had  the same issue screen going black when I connected my Samsung Q6FN TV with GeForce RTX 2080 at 4k resolution, no issues with XBOX ONE  X. I found out the problem is with Game Mode > expert settings >free sync >ultimate.

Select Basic for free sync instead of Ultimate, problem will be solved if you are having issues with PC.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the Q6dr  n playing switch game mode switches on n off.. Pretty bad.. Switched cables same thing.. Switch hdmi ports same thing.. I taking this junk back to Costco n getting me a Sony.. Screw this

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had an issue with my q60r flickering with game mode on. I fixed it by going into the settings and adjust a setting to ultimate. I want to say it was dealing with the refresh rate.