cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Shortcut for Source Button on TV remote - Samsung Q60R QLED TV

Hi,

Is there a way to configure shortcut to Source button so that I can get to it with fewest clicks. Its really annoying to always select Home-> Scrolling through menu to do  simple task of changing the source.

Samsung had Source button on their older TV remotes which was AMAZING .. these new TV remotes are big time annoying factors and worst part there is no way to reorder the home button menu options and no idea why anyone would  want stupid ambient mode button on the remote instead. Thats the most useless feature.

Prioritize the options SAMSUNG !!!!

At least tell me if any of the older remotes work on this Q60R model. I want to buy a remote that has Source button on it.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Shortcut for Source Button on TV remote - Samsung Q60R QLED TV

There is no way to configure the remote to have a source button. You can try an older Samsung TV remote if you wish but there is not guaranteed compatibility. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Indeed, I'm suffering from the same.

It's really bad. In my case, I have 4 devices always attached to my TV!

Another annoying thing is when I want to choose an APP. I need to go one by one to get the one I want.

I have a keyboard with a touchpad integrated, but I can't use it on TV.

Samsung should use something like the Texas Nspire calculators (for example), that allows us to navigate inside the screen freely, in their remote control. It's really weird a company like Samsung to fail in this small details.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userGSpOcxIfxI  Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Seems like Samsung didn't think this one through. Like you mention, why would we want an ambient button. The Source button is probably the most used button besides the power button. Is Samsung in the real world? They should offer a replacement remote for this. Like this, we can't even program a universal remote.