When "searching for tv" - it doesn't connect.  says 0 TVs available

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support
not every TV can be connected to/ controlled by smart things. This INCLUDES samsung tvs. Age, model, brand, etc all make a difference in which tvs can and can't be connected to smart things.

View solution in context

12 Replies
Solution
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support
not every TV can be connected to/ controlled by smart things. This INCLUDES samsung tvs. Age, model, brand, etc all make a difference in which tvs can and can't be connected to smart things.
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support
your tv also has to be logged into and connected to the same internet connection as your phone
userQmgCFEAPlL
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have same issue. Just started in last day or two. Worked fine the previous 2 weeks. 

That's the message, that the Q60T43 has to be connected to the same wifi network as the iPhone. And, of course, it is. I've verified both through their respective SETTINGS. Still Smart Things doesn't see the TV even when only a couple feet away. I deleted the Smart Things from the iPhone and re-installed. No change.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

I am sorry to hear about this. Are both devices connected to the same WiFi band on your network (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz)?

0 Likes
userQmgCFEAPlL
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have a mesh LAN. There's only one named option. My iPhone doesn't indicate which frequency. 

How do I find out which band the TV is connected to?

0 Likes
userQmgCFEAPlL
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Somewhere (I thought in the response to this post) I was given a phone number for the Smart Things team who could help with this problem. I called them. Turns out, they can only help with Smartthings Lifestyle. The Smart Things app I'm talking about is the one by TV Cast. Both apps are named Smart Things. Very confusing. Anybody have info about the one from TV Cast? Why it no longer works?

0 Likes
userQmgCFEAPlL
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

The LAN does show the TV as a network device.

And the TV shows the iPhone as a recognized device.

0 Likes
userQmgCFEAPlL
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Found the TV info. It's on 5GHz. I'll have to figure out how deco M5 mesh does it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Please try performing a factory reset on the television, and see if SmartThings will find it once you reconnect to the network.

0 Likes